4.6

"I could take the whole world with me."
- 'Gloria,' by The Lumineers

"They can't be that powerful, right?" Leorio leaned his chin on his hand and smiled, almost smug-like. "They are just hanging out in the open."

Killua sighed and took a sip of his milkshake, "Just imagine that there's two Hisoka's there." He moved the milkshake a bit, letting the straw out of his mouth.

"I think they're slightly less powerful than Hisoka," you looked out the window, spotting the two Troupe members. There was a girl with pink hair, that was teased and styled on her head, and there was male with pitch black hair, which fell over his shoulders. That reminded you a bit of Illumi, but you shrugged the thought off. "Don't get me wrong, they're still absolutely scary, but they don't give me the same chills that Hisoka did. Like, at Heaven's Arena," you elaborated on your previous statement.

After trusting Zepile to get a good deal on the items you three one, you met up with Leorio in a small café and ordered some drinks, and now you were just observing the two Phantom Troupe members that were caught on video.

"Seriously, just act natural guys," Killua looked at Gon and Leorio, both of whom were doing the exact opposite.

"Try relaxing your face a bit," you advised, looking at their painfully suspicious faces. "Did you wire the money to the persons account?"

"Yeah, they should be getting it at about...now," Leorio looked back down at the two Troupe members. "So, what's the plan?"

"Gon and I will follow them, while you and [y/n] meet up with Zepile," Killua said, pushing the milkshake away from him. He shimmied out of the booth and stood next to it, waiting for you to leave.

Once you did, you turned back to him, "Why can't I go with you? I can shield my presence just as much as Gon can." You didn't want to argue, but you were a bit tired of Killua babying you. "There's a strength in numbers."

"It's better if just Gon and I get caught. You would be our backup if things take a wrong turn," Killua shoved his hands in his pockets, looking over at you.

"You won't be able to contact me if you're caught. At least I could provide some sort of defense," you thought back to your training with Hiromi. While you didn't mind being a supporting character, you knew you would need an offensive ability if you wanted to help Killua and Gon, which is why you made sure to plan for it. "I think it's best if I go along."

"I don't. If I'm not back within 72 hours, then you'll know something happened."

"You want me to wait three days before doing something? That's the silliest thing I've ever heard."

You were getting frustrated and everything felt hot. Your shirt, pants, even just your fingers touching each other was too warm for you. Blowing up sounded like a reasonable option for you, but the worst part, is that you felt like crying. You bit down on your lips, trying to keep your emotions in check, "Fine, I'll wait with Leorio and Zepile. But if I don't hear from you in ten hours, I'm going to do something." With that, you turned around and walked out the building.

Maybe you should've waited for him to respond, it was selfish of you to just leave. However, you couldn't think about him without wanting to punch something, so you knew it was best to get away. You didn't want this to be your first fight. 

Taking a sharp right, you walked into a nearby corner store and activated your Zestu. Looking through the aisles, you looked over and saw Leorio walking up to you. "What was that all about [y/n]? If it was me, I'd be relieved to not be tailing those two," he was holding his briefcase over his shoulder, his two fingers loosely griping the handle. "And jeez, I almost couldn't find you."