2.5

"Being scolded by your folks doesn't even compare!"

☆☆☆

There was a small standstill between the five of you, Wing processing the information that was given to him. "So-" he pushed up his glasses- "You say that this was similar to your brothers Nen?"

"What do Nen and Ren even mean?" His eyes looked over to you, "And not the dictionary definition," focusing back on Wing, he clenched his fist. "But I want to understand them and be able to know know it."

"If that's the case," Wing looked down to the ground and nodded. Looking back to you three, he said, "I will tell you what it is. Follow me."

Wing turned around and started walking, Gon and Killua following after. You followed them as well, still skeptical about him.

"Hey," you whispered to Killua and Gon, "Should we really be following a strange man to a place he hasn't told us about? What if he's really planning on killing us?"

"Don't be silly, [y/n]," Gon smiled, "I don't think Mr. Wing would hurt us, he just doesn't seem like the type of person to do that."

You nodded, deciding to trust Gon's instinct. "I hope so."

Pretty soon you were outside Heavens Arena, the sky was dark and the moon was out. There was a small warm wind that was picking up leaves and dirt along the way. And, after not too long, you were at a small inn, where Wing was staying at. 

You walked in and up the stairs, walking into Wings room. He wrote some words on the board and, once he was done, turned back to you three. "Are you paying attention?" He asked, his hands folded behind his back. 

"Nen is the power of our souls, it has also been called 'flame,'" he turned back to the board and uncapped the marker. It made a squeaky noise as he wrote on it, "In simpler terms, it's the strength of your will." He wrote the word 'Nen' on the board, before continuing to speak, "The Four Exercises are a training regimen that will strengthen your will."

He spoke about the different exercises, writing each and every one of them on the board. Ten, Zestu, Ren, and Hastu were the exercises themselves. 

"Now, allow me to demonstrate," Wing said, looking over at Killua. "Killua, for the demonstration I will 'kill' you now. Alright?"

Killua looked unfazed and shrugged his shoulders, "Sure. But you won't be able to."

"I mean, he is using the same technique your brother used," you pointed out, pulling on your sleeves. Just thinking about Illumi made you shiver.

"So what? Now, I know what to expect," Killua said smoothly.

"Well then, lets do it in order," Wing interrupted what you were about to say. "First, ten," he moved to a similar position that Zushi would use, with his wrist crossing and his legs bent. "I will focus my mind on a single point. Zestu," he continued, closing his eyes, "Either mentally or verbally." 

You were beginning to feel nervous yourself. He seemed so calm, it was scary.

"I will kill you," he said, his voice the same as before. The air began to feel heavier and more dense, almost like if tension decided to manifest itself. As soon as Wing opened them, the air dropped and seemed nonexistent.