6.5

"You're in a strange part of our town."
- 'Reptilia,' by The Strokes

While you excelled at manipulating tiny bits of rocks, Gon had more trouble with it. You tried to help with it, but all he could do was train more and more. However, there wouldn't be much time for it. Biscuit said that Killua should be coming back in the next week or so, and that the three of you should wait at the entrance. 

Which meant more walking. 

Camping out in front of the entrance definitely made you three seem suspicious—you did get attacked by a camper here—but there wasn't much else you could do. It's not like you could contact Killua until he got in there, phones didn't work in Greed Island. No service; nothing you could do about that. 

You wanted to watch him come down, since you wouldn't hear him. His steps were still as silent as ever. Once his shoes came into view—you could recognize them—you felt yourself smile. It was only a few days without him, but it still felt like forever. 

He stepped off the platform and looked around, spotting you guys. Before you could say hi to him, Gon beat you to the punch, "Welcome back Killua!"

"What's up?" Killua waved his hand at him, the other hand was inside of his pocket. The dirt was out of his skin and hair, both returning to the pale white that it was before. His clothes seemed washed as well, something that you weren't able to do.

You felt your eye sting and involuntarily shut your eye. You must've gotten something in it, so you started rubbing at it, feeling tears well up in your eye. "It's nice to see you again," you stopped rubbing and started blinking quickly, the pain still there. It stopped, pretty suddenly, and you looked back at Killua with your red eye.

"Idiot," he enunciated every vowel, "you're not supposed to rub your eye. You're supposed to cry it out, you know that." He stood in front of you, looking at you in the eye.

"Do I?" you laughed, looking at him up and down. "Well? Did you pass or did you fail?" you waited for him to respond, hoping that he did pass. If he didn't, then you wondered how powerful the people he was up against were. 

Killua smirked—smugly, a sign that he was getting confident—and pulled out his Hunter card, "Passed." 

Gon stared at the card, "Nice!" before holding his hand out for a fist bump. Killua granted him it, going back to a small smile.

"Not to be the party pooper or anything," Biscuit looked at the three of you, "but you should take a look at these cards."

Killua nodded and all of you sat down on some nearby rocks and trees. Gon summoned his book, before handing it to Killua. His eyes skimmed the cards, reading each and every one, before saying, "There's even an S-rank card, sweet! How much do you think we could sell it for?"

"We should ask around," Biscuit said, reaching out for the book.

"I think we should use it wisely." Gon stopped her hand, looking over at Killua.

"Well, I think that we should hoard it," you tried to say it offhandedly—as though you didn't care—but it sounded like you really did care. You thought it was a waste to sell or use it, better to keep it and wait until it's absolutely needed.

"I suppose it's safe to hold onto it, for now," Killua agreed with both you and Gon, instead of his original idea of selling it. "With all of our defensive spells, we won't need to worry about it getting stolen. Have you used any of these?"

"Just Blackout Curtain."

"Why? You should use these if you have them." Killua picked out a card from the binder, handing it to Gon, "Try this one."