6.2

"Waiting on some beautiful boy to save you from your old ways."
- 'When You Were Young,' by The Killers

You held the rock in your hand, studying the curves and dips in it. It was a relatively smooth rock, one that would be perfect for stone skipping—if it wasn't for its thickness. You shifted your position, getting ready to hit the stone with the rock in your hand. 

"[y/n], you have to get started," Biscuit's voice popped up from beside you, making you drop the rock. It hit the ground with a thud and came to rest on its largest side. What you were currently doing—or supposed to be doing—was working on your Enhancer techniques. This required grabbing a rock, enhancing it, and breaking other rocks with it. 

You would keep going until the stone in your hand broke, something that you knew would happen the moment you started. "But Bisky, I'm really bad at this type of stuff," you picked the rock that fell up, holding it with both your hands. "Couldn't I work on Emitter or Conjurer things first?"

Biscuit sighed and put her hands on her hips, a soft glare on her face, "I'd like to see you push yourself! While it is true that you're the farthest from being an Enhancer, your real opposite is Transmutation. Complain to me then and I might be more lenient on you." She softly wacked the back of your head, making your frown deepen.

Sighing loudly, you enveloped the rock with Nen almost effortlessly. You grabbed a rock from the pile and placed it in front of you, hitting it softly with the other rock. It broke, but just barely. Having to balance out your Nen was exhausting, you already hated this exercise. 

After four rocks, the one in your hand broke. Killua's followed after, and then Gon. You weren't surprised that Gon lasted the longest, he was the actual Enhancer in the group. "Well, can we do some Transmuter techniques now?" Killua stood up, dusting the dirt off of his shorts. 

Biscuit shook her head, holding up her hand, "You are only allowed to work on one per day." You saw that she made a six with her Nen; you wasted no time in calling it out. The three of you tied, which meant that none of you had to do punishment push-ups.

"Good gravy, my arms hurt from push-ups," you rubbed your forearm for added effect. They didn't hurt anymore, but they did initially. After feeling sore, you weren't sure why people worked out.

"Aw, but it's no fun this way," Gon said, folding his arms. You knew that he liked feeling superior whenever he could, beating you or Killua was one of the ways he could revel in it. "I think we should to rock-paper-scissors, the loser gets to do a thousand push-ups."

"Count me out."

"I agree."

You and Killua spoke at the same time, laughing after. You placed a hand on your mouth, quickly quieting yourself before speaking, "You and Killua can have fun with that, I'm all for watching it pan out."

"But it'd be funner if you joined," Gon stared at your face, looking like he was hoping to convince you. You almost felt bad for refusing, but you really didn't want to be the loser.

"More fun, you mean. And I'll be sure to cheer you on from the sidelines," you winced, mumbling an apology after. 

"You mean you'll cheer me on," Killua interrupted, pointing to himself. He looked over at Gon, placing a fist on his palm, "On shoot?"

Gon gave you one last look before nodding, "On shoot." Placing his fist on his palm, both he and Killua began counting. When it was over, Gon had scissors and Killua had paper. "Yay!" he pumped his fist.

"Dammit," Killua cursed, dropping to the ground and beginning on his push-ups. You and Gon chatted while he did them, waiting for Biscuit to tell you what do to. Once he finished, he grabbed your pinkie and tugged on it—while you nodded—before holding your hand.