4.8

"'Cause I'll be laughing at all your silly little jokes."
- '5 Years Time," by Noah and the Whale

"I'm sorry, what?" You immediately retracted your hand, placing it beside you. 

"I specifically told you not to go out and follow us, but you did!" He abruptly stood up and looked at you. 

You clenched your fists, the feeling of small stones going up your fingernails. "If you think I'm here because of you two, then you're more egotistical then I thought you were," you bit down on your tongue, trying to keep yourself from saying something mean.

"Why else would you be here? You were just walking around, saw an old building, and decided to just trot along in there?" He threw his hands up, sweat falling down his face.

"I'm not going to tolerate you talking to me like that, because I don't deserve it," you let your hands rest on your knees, not breaking eye contact with Killua. "I'm not even sure why you're mad at me, I didn't mean to be here." You picked the stones from underneath your nails, flicking them on the ground.

"Can you both be quiet? I'm trying to think," you looked over at Gon, who was rubbing his head. 

"Oh, sorry Gon," you realized that Nobunaga was also in the room, which meant that he had also witnessed your little spat. "What're you thinking about?" Deciding that distracting yourself from Killua would be a good idea, you turned your attention to Gon. Was ignoring Killua mature of you? No. Were you in the right frame of mind to think about that? Also, no.

"I'm trying to remember what Zepile taught us about. There's autopsy, cauterization, but what was the third one?" He asked, naming them while counting with his fingers. 

"Obstertrics?" You named, thinking that it sounded close. "I know it's not that, but maybe it's something like it?"

"Osteo- no, ostomey? None of them sound right," he whined and slumped his head. Leaning back on his wrists. "I wanna say octopus but I know that's not correct."

"It was something like anatomy, I know that. Maybe onatomy?" You suggested, turning your body away from Killua. It did seem to get Gon's gears going.

"Oh, oh, oh! It was ostomy!" He stood up and waved his hands jazz-hand like, "That was the third one."

"Yes," you nodded along, not getting why he was so excited. 

At that point, Killua had also stood up. He and Gon seemed to be on the same wavelength as they 'oh-ed' in excitement. You tried to think back, trying to figure out why they would be so hyped up about. And then it hit you. 

You stood up with them, mapping out where they would go. 'Killua is going to go to the right, while Gon is going to go left. I can't go forward, so my only choice is backward. Does that lead into a hallway? Or am I going to jump off of a building and eventually die?'  You contemplated your chances of surviving and decided they were pretty good. Better than staying in the room with Nobunaga anyway. 

The only reason you knew the wall behind you had no hallway was because Nobunaga was guarding the only door, which was directly opposite of you. It was a bit of a gamble, this could be on of the those weird places with rooms in the middle, but from the outside the building looked quite skinny, which was how you came to the conclusion.