0.8

"I think he's very lonely. Lonelier then he lets on. Lonelier then he realizes."

☆☆☆

Your footsteps echoed down the staircase, each and every one sounding more hallow then the one prior. You exhaled, your breath forming a cloud of smoke.

"Jeez," Your voice echoed, even though it was at a mere whisper. "I have to be underground by now, after all, I've been walking," You glanced at your watch. "For four hours?!" This felt worse then the first phase. Your legs have started to shake with every step, your own body weight was beginning to kill you, metaphorically.

Your eyes lit up when they caught a light at the end. Shuffling your feet down, making sure not to trip, you ran down the stairs for it. Stopping at the beginning of the hallway, you saw a lone torch.

"Guess this is my light," Talking to yourself made you feel less lonely, albeit making you look crazy.

Taking the torch out of its stand, you held it by its end. It made you slightly warmer.

Continuing down the hallway, it soon opened up to a more maze looking place. The ceiling was open, so you could see the pitch black emptiness above you. Walking down it, you looked around.

'Maybe I could climb the walls?' You looked at the side of the wall and decided that it was doable.

Placing the torch next to the wall, upright, you grabbed onto one of the dislodged bricks and climbed up it. It was going fine until you banged your head on something. Letting go of the bricks out of shock, you fell back. Scratching your palms up, bruising your bottom, and getting a bump on your head was enough to make you sigh. Standing up, your knees popping, you brushed your hands on your thighs and grabbed the torch.

You'd rather fumble your way around than try climbing it again.

Walking around, you turned and turned, trying to find the exit. Looking at your watch, you saw that you now had 59 hours left.

"This is terrible," You grumbled, taking a left.

You froze in your place, your feet refusing to move.

"Well, took you quite a while to get here," The person said. They were wearing a cloak above their head and their hands were cuffed. "Thought I would've died of boredom."

"W-Who are you?" You asked, trying to keep your voice firm. However, you couldn't stop the small shake.

"That's not of importance," His cuffs dropped to the floor and his cloak came off.

'Holy corkscrews he's hot,' Your brain thought, looking at the man. After shaking the thought out of your mind, you stared at him. 'He looks like he'd be better at close range, maybe hand-to-hand?'

The male in question was smiling. His left ear was pierced, leaving the right one unpierced. He had a dark brown undercut, the hair on top dyed a light brown. His icy blue eyes shined out against the dull light.

"All you need to know is that we need to fight," He tilted his head back and laughed to himself. "And I plan to win."

His foot pressed on the balls of his feet, shooting forward towards you. His arms wrapped around you waist, tackling you to the ground. Your breathe was knocked out of you, you lungs wheezing in any air available. A slight pain emitted from your side. Finally being able to take that deep breathe, you kicked the man in his stomach. His arms detached from you, landing on his bottom a few feet away from you.