0.2 [.]

"Sometimes the worst place
You can be
Is your own head."

☆☆☆

You walked around for a while, not wanting to stop at one place for to long. When someone came up to you.

He was short and had a slight beard, he seemed to be holding soda in his hand.

"You seem a bit dehydrated there? You want something to drink?" He asked. His voice was surprisingly light and rough.

"I have my own water, but thanks for offering," You gave him a smile. "What's your name?"

"My names Tonpa, what's yours?" He held the drink up.

"I'm [y/n]," You introduced yourself.

"There seems to be a lot of rookies this year, I barely recognize anyone," Tonpa gave a laugh.

"Is this not your first time?"

"It's my 34th, I hold the record for most consecutive tries," Tonpa boasted. He looked at your bag, "Are you sure you don't want some?"

"Yeah, I wouldn't want to diminish your supplies anyway," You reassured him.

"Well alright then, I can't force you," He gave you a lingering look, before going to talk to some other people. He seemed to offer them soda too, which they took. You shrugged your shoulders and looked around.

"AAAAH!" A scream rung out. Your head turned to the noise, where you saw a bald man wearing a cape on the floor, a clown-looking man standing over him. The bald man let out cries of pain, his arms disappearing into flower petals.

"My. Most unusual, seems this poor mans arms have turned into flower petals," The clown-looking guy had folded his arms and was smirking at the sight. He opened up his arms as he said, "Now you see them, now you don't." As if it was some sort of magic trick. "You should be more careful. And do apologize when you bump into someone."

People started muttering around you and some mentioned the name 'Hisoka.'

'Is that the mans name?' You kept your thoughts to yourself. 'Hisoka' started walking away, everyone clearing a path for him. You stood in one place, patiently waiting for the exam to start. You could faintly hear people talking around you, but they weren't talking about anything interesting.

You were completely zoned out of it when a bell interrupted your thoughts. Everyone went silent and looked over to the source of the sound. The ringing stopped and the wall in front of you started escalating, revealing a man in a purple suit. The bell was in his hands.

"I apologize for the delay," When he spoke, his mustache moved. He didn't seem to have a mouth. "Thank you for waiting," He had lilac hair, the ends facing upward, and his mustache was curled at the end. He had a pink tie, which you found pretty funny, and his face seemed bored. "The entry period for Hunter applicants is officially closed. So, with no further ado, the Hunter Exam will now begin."

You straightened up your posture, determined for what lie ahead of you.

"One final word of caution," The Examiner said ominously. "If you're short on luck or ability, keep in mind that there's a very real chance you could end up seriously injured. Death is another distinct possibility. If you're willing to accept the risks involved, I'll ask you to follow me now. But for the rest of you, kindly exit through the elevator located behind you," A few moments of silence followed. When no one left, he continued on, "Right, then. Very well! All 404 applicants will now participate in Phase One," He finished, turning around and lifting up his foot. He started walking, although his moves were very robotic, and everyone started following behind him.