6.4

"Cause I am done with my graceless heart
So tonight I'm gonna cut it out and then restart."
- 'Shake It Out,' by Florence + the Machine

You were able to convince Biscuit to let you take a shower and, eventually, you got Gon to get in there as well. He kept resisting, saying that he'd just get dirt on him again anyway, but he gave up soon.

You were planning on a long shower, but Biscuit told you that you were paying for hot water every ten minutes. You still ended up taking a rather long shower, but not long enough that Biscuit would kill you. 

When everything was said and done, Biscuit had you guys meet her at the outskirts of town, on the road that led into the forest. Her hands were on her waist while she watched you and Gon walk up to her, tired of waiting for that long of a time.

She let out a sigh, "We are going to run through this forest, but I want you to use Gyo and make number using your Nen. Like this," she held up her hand and made the number seven (you and Gon both called it out), "try to make the numbers definitive. You'll pass when you can get numbers zero through nine in one minute."

"Got it!" you looked at your hand, activating a little Nen there. Soon, the three of you were running through the forest, staring at your hands while trying to create numbers. Biscuit made this look easy; the way she said it made it sound easy too. However, it was hard. Harder than you thought.

It took focus, something you didn't have much of while running through the forest. You made the number zero, trying to make the number one next. It came out better than the zero, just a solid shape with no hole in the middle of it. 

Gon, however, ran smack into a tree. It left a small imprint in the tree, so Gon must've had a hard head. That, or the tree was weak. You were more worried about Gon. While helping him up, a man came in. You slightly recognized him, but this time he had something on his shoulder.

Before any of you had the chance to speak, he said, "So your friend isn't here? The pale one with white hair." 

Why was he asking that? It wasn't really any of his business. Rather than question this, Biscuit put on her child act—hands clasped together and everything—and asked, "What's with that machine on your shoulder? Did something happen?"

"The bomber got us," he said, his eyebrows scrunching together. His face looked like one of concern, but you weren't sure.

"The who?" you asked. You couldn't remember anyone telling you anything about a bomber, unless you just forgot. 

"The bomber is the one responsible for all these people dying," he told you, pointing at the thing on his shoulder, "and he placed this on me." By what he said, you could assume that thing was a bomb. It was ticking down, most likely going to explode when it hit zero.

"Do you know who he is?" you hoped he did, then he could tell you guys and you could just avoid him for the rest of your life.

The man solemnly nodded, sitting down on the ground. "It was Genthru, he and his friends revealed themselves a few days ago. All the others that got bombed are waiting at the hideout, hoping that he'll disarm the bombs. Although," he looked at the ground, "I think he was bluffing. I don't think that he'd let us go free with the information we have on him." Maybe his concern was genuine, he seemed to be really worried for his friends.

You felt bad for not believing him before.

"I'm sorry that you're going through this, knowing you'll be dead in," you glanced at his shoulder, "thirty-nine minutes wouldn't be the best situation. Is there something that could be done about it? Have you tried detaching the bomb?" It looked like there were wires that were attaching itself to him, maybe cutting them would kill the bomb.