7.4

"And all the wrong words seem right in your head."
- 'Busyhead,' by Noah Kahan

A/N this is so weird i hate this but if you randomly see a dash ( - ) in the middle of a sentence, it's supposed to be an em dash. i am not just placing random dashes i promise. if it annoys you, i can try to find a way to beat w*ttads glitchy system
***

"Are you sure you want to join them?" you looked at Killua, your hands pausing while they unwrapped his bandages. Both Gon and Biscuit were fighting each other, their hands were moving so fast that you could hardly see them. "I'm sure that there are other ways to stop Genthru—ways that aren't violent."

Killua shook his head, you shrugged your shoulders and continued unwrapping. "Guys like that aren't reasonable, you have to beat sense into them," he said, watching as you carefully handled his hand. "Besides, doesn't punching Genthru sound satisfying?"

"As amazing as that sounds, I don't think it's something I'd do," you chuckled at the end, thinking about the last time you punched someone. "I did before, during the prephase—is that what you would call it?—of the Hunter Exam."

"See? It's a fun thing to do!" he laughed at the end, making you shush him so that you could finish up his hands. He continued for a little longer, before stopping himself from laughing any more. "I'm just saying, you'd probably enjoy it if you did it more."

"I don't think that's true," you pulled the last of his bandages off, placing your hands around one of them. You started healing him, watching as his swelling went down and his purple skin slowly went away, "Shame, I really thought you pulled off purple."

"Purple is an okay color, blue is better though," he shrugged his shoulders, his facial features relaxing after a while. "I bet I'd look cool with blue skin."

"Get me a blue marker and we'll find out," you joked, moving on to the next hand. Killua opened and closed his—now healed—hand, slowly flexing his fingers. "Way to show off your hands, couldn't even wait until you were out of my sight," you looked up at his face. You knew you were joking, your tone was light and airy, although Killua didn't seem to take it that way.

He looked down to the ground, tapping his good hand on the rock he was sitting on. The smile on his face soon disappeared, replaced by the blank look he always seemed to have. 

"We'll get your hands back to normal, I promise," he was still staring at the ground, but you could feel his resolve. "There's supposed to be a card here that can heal your injuries; if we can defeat Genthru, we'll get that card. Gon and I already decided to use a copy on you." 

That made you pause. You blinked a few times, trying to process his words. "You don't have to use one on me, my hands will heal with a bit of time," you unpaused yourself, remembering that you still had to finish him up.

"It was already decided. We asked Tsezguerra about there being a healing card, and he said that this was it. So, we're using it on you," he shrugged his shoulders, obviously not wanting to talk about it further. You didn't feel like debating him on this either, so you let it drop. 

You finished up his hands and, after some brief conversation, he joined Biscuit and Gon. You hummed to yourself, staring at the sky, and started to space out. Everything that had happened so far was surreal, you could barely believe that it happened at all.