5.7

"I don't wanna be the right way 'round."
- 'All We Do,' by Oh Wonder

"Please let me join you!" The girl begged, holding her hands out in front of her. She had a more innocent complexion, her face scrunching up. You weren't sure why she wanted to join you, she did pass the test so she must've had some strong Nen abilities, but you weren't going to question it.

"Huh?" Killua said, his face going back to his more stoic expression. "Sorry, but we can't." Killua seemed to be trying to be polite, but the execution wasn't that great.

"May I ask why?" The girl asked, taking a step closer.

You decided to intervene, knowing that Killua would say something to make her buzz off, but you would put it in a nicer way than he would. "It's just, they already have me as dead-weight and it wouldn't be fair to put all the pressure on them," you smiled, resting a hand on the strap of your bag. Killua lightly flicked your shoulder, as if to tell you that you weren't annoying to have around. 

"What's that supposed to mean?" 

Killua put his hands in his pockets, staring at the girl, "Simply put, you would be a nuisance to all of us."

The girl seemed to blank out, while you looked at Killua, "You don't just say that to people, it's rude." 

"I'm not worried about being rude to her."

"You should be! What if she ends up saving your life?"

He let out a scoff, "Like that'll ever happen."

You groaned, following him as he started walking off, and rubbed your forehead, "As much as I love your blunt honesty, and I really do, there's a time for it and a time not for it." You felt bad that you also refused the girl, but you weren't sure what else to do. Killua didn't want her here, Gon had no feelings about the issue (which was odd, he was usually the good influence), and you wouldn't mind having the girl tag along.

"Hey! Hold it right there- I mean, please can I come with you?" She ran up to the three of you, her hands held together near her chest. "I'll try really hard not to get in your way."

"We can let her come with, worse comes to worse, she'll have to stay at a town that's on the way to Masadora," you whispered to the two boys. You held Killua's hand, tapping your fingers against it.

"I see no issue with her being there, it's fine if she comes along," Gon said, looking at Killua. It seemed both of you decided to let him choose.

"Ugh, fine!" He peered behind his back and said, "If you can keep up, then you can come with us!"

"Wait, keep up with us? Are we running again?" You looked at him, worried about what he was thinking. You really, really didn't want to run.

"Of course!" Gon exclaimed, clapping his hand together, "how else are we going to get to Masadora quickly?"

You felt like crying, right then and there. Why did you have to run? It was the bane of your existence at this point. "Yeah, then we should probably get going now," you said, adjusting the strap of your bag. 

The three of you left town, taking the path that went North, with the girl following after. Killua's plan was to ditch her when bandits attacked, claiming that she could escape if things escalated. However, you weren't attacked by bandits until the sun dipped below the horizon.