1.3

"You mean would I slam a baby into another baby to test its durability? No that's not something I would typically do."

☆☆☆

A/N: a family member of mine, that has been in the hospital for a few months, has passed away. this chapter is not my best work and i apologize for that

When the fourth phase finally ended, you let out your own sigh of relief.

Not just at the fact that you passed, but that also Gon, Kurapika, and Leorio passed with you. And Killua, obviously.

The Hunter Committee had picked you guys up in the airship, Mr. Netero calling people in for interviews. First, Hisoka went in, then Pokkle, then Killua, and soon, you. They seemed to be dividing it by what badge number you had, least to greatest.

You walked into the small room, taking a seat in front of the small table Mr. Netero was sitting at.

"Well, well, we meet again," Mr. Netero smiled, grabbing paper and a brush. Dipping it in ink, he wrote something down. "If you don't mind, I just want to ask you some questions."

"Um, okay," you nodded your head, placing your hands on your lap.

"Let's start with an easy one, why do you want to become a Hunter?" Mr. Netero asked, as he continued writing.

"To pay off my hospital fees, for my parents," you shrugged, not wanting to go in-depth.

Mr. Netero nodded, writing something else down. "Out of the other nine applicants, who are you keeping a close eye on?" He asked, looking up from his paper.

Bringing your hand to your chin, you rested your head on it. "Well, probably Hisoka and Gittarakur."

"Oh, why is that?" Mr. Netero tapped his chin with the hilt of the brush.

"They both have this -- what's the word -- creepy feeling about them," you explained, looking at the ground. Snapping your head back to Mr. Netero, you yelled, "Plus, Gon said he was a pervert!"

Mr. Netero stroked his beard, writing something else down. "One more question, who out of the remaining nine applicants would you least want to fight?"

"Killua, Hisoka, and Gittarakur," you said, no hesitation in your voice. "Oh! And Gon too! That would be an immediate loss for me," you tittered, fiddling with the hem of the pillow you were sitting on. "I guess Kurapika and Leorio are out too, I really wouldn't want to fight either of them."

"Well, that's a lot of people," Mr. Netero noted. "That's be all, you can leave now," he shoo-ed you off.

Standing up, you walked to the door, opened it, and walked through. Making sure to close the door behind you, you wondered what all that interrogating was about. Did it have to do with the final phase? Did it really matter?

Shaking your head from your overthinking, you walked over to a bench pressed against the wall. Sitting on it, you allowed yourself to relax for a moment. Sighing to yourself, you closed your eyes and leaned your head against the wall.

"You really shouldn't let your guard down like that," said a voice right next to you. Opening one eye, you saw Killua sitting there. Silently yelping to yourself, you stayed as calm as you could on the outside

"You need to stop sneaking up on me," you told him, opening both eyes. "I swear, I'll die early of a heart attack because of you."

"You didn't even seem that startled this time," Killua said, leaning his back against the wall with you.

"That's because I was expecting you," you lied, closing your eyes again. You heard Killua scoff, provoking you, which made you elbow him in the ribs.

"What was that for?!" He huffed, pushing your shoulder. You promptly ignored him, continuing on with your relaxing. "Pay attention moron!" He yelled, pushing you off the bench.

"Why're you calling me a moron?" You asked him, standing up from the ground. Placing both hands on your hips, you stared him down.

Killua crossed his arms and stuck his tongue out at you, refusing to respond as you did before. You sat down as far from him on the bench and slouched down, showing your disinterest (Which was really just you trying to hide your interest)

Glancing over at him, you thinned your lips into a line. "Are you going to talk to me now?" You asked, straightening your back.

Killua looked at you, pretending to think. "I don't know, I might."

Playfully slapping his shoulder, you let out a laugh, Killua joining in soon after.

After you two calmed down, Killua asked you, "Do you know where Gon is?"

"I think I saw him and Kurapika talking," you said, pointing down the hallway. Killua nodded and stood up, inviting you to do the same thing.

You both walked down the hallway, looking for the spiky haired boy. You soon found him and Kurapika, both were standing next to a ledge. The sun was beginning to set, allowing a pink and orange fill the sky.

"Oh, hey you two," Kurapika greeted, a smile graced on his face.

You smiled back as your greeting, looking off the ledge.

"The final phase, huh?" Killua walked up and stood next to Gon, who was standing next to you.

"Are you excited?" Gon asked, tearing his eyes away from the sunset.

"Not really," Killua gave his usual apathetic reply, his boredom from the Exam showing.

"Well, I am," you said, staring down at the city below you.

The final phase actually terrified you. You had no idea how many would pass and how many would fail. For all you knew, only one applicant would pass this years Hunters Exam.

Maybe failing wouldn't be so bad? You'd have another year to train, and you could always take the Exam next year.

Although, you really hoped it wouldn't come to that.