4.9

"I'll do anything to be happy."
- 'Blue Skies," by Noah and the Whale

"Ughh," you groaned out, small scratch marks appearing on your arm. Some red patches popped up on your arms and legs, a lingering pain being left behind.

"Hey, uh, I think we walked through a mosquitoes patch," Gon walked in wearing his tank top, a bulging bump on his shoulder. He seemed to be trying not to scratch it, the small marks on his skin proving otherwise. There were also several on his arms, one on the inside of his knee, and three on his shins.

"Jeez, you must be type O blood," Killua walked in after, barely bothered. You could tell that he had almost scratched his to the point of pain, but you didn't feel the need to point that out.

"Type B actually."

"Well, there are other factors that can change how much mosquitoes are attracted to you. Like if you're sweating or how much bacteria is on your skin. It's also been proved that wearing darker clothes can improve your chance of getting a mosquitoes bite," you shrugged, almost laughing at their luck. "We must've taken different paths to the fence."

"That's gross," Gon stuck his tongue out, staring at the bumps.

"I don't recommend wearing your jacket today. It'll rub up against the bumps," you made sure to tell him. His face fell a bit, before easily shrugging it off. "Wanna go out for breakfast today? I would try and make food, but I dropped the peanut butter."

"Sure."

"Why not? We can rejoin with Leorio and Zepile as well. Gon, do you wanna try and contact Kurapika? I wanna ask him some questions," Killua said, handing Gon his phone.

You left the kitchen and went to change, but there was one issue. All of your clothes were with your dad. You rubbed your head and walked back out, grabbing your bag along the way. "I'll have to stop by my room to grab some clean clothes, I'll meet you guys at the place, okay?"

"Alright, see you soon [y/n]."

"Be careful."

You waved behind you and walked out, then you walked down the steps and through the lobby and, finally, out of their hotel. Some wind hit your face, combating the hot sun. It was starting to get colder now, fall was just right around the corner. 

You walked down the streets and across the city, happy to finally make it to where your dad was. You knocked on the door before walking in, making sure he knew that you were coming.

"Hey dad," you waved to him, grabbing your larger bag. "How's it?"

"Hey squirt, you've been gone an awful long time," he commented, sitting up from his bed. It was obvious that he just woke up, based on his messy hair, the crust around his eyes, and the fact that he was still wearing his pajamas.

You nodded your head, "Yeah, it's been a rough couple of days." You couldn't really tell him that you jumped off of a building, he'd blame Killua and Gon and forbid all contact with them. "But, this whole saving up money thing is going to take a little while longer, I hope that's okay."

"I was planning on leaving soon," he yawned, "but you're free to stay if you want. You handled yourself at the Hunter Exam, I'm sure you'll do fine here."

You weren't sure whether he was being serious or if he was just too tired to care.

You parted your lips, sucking in a dry breath. "What about mom?"

"She'll be fine. Might spam call you, but she just worries, y'know?" He laid back down, fluffing his pillow slightly. 

"Oh, alright. Uh, thanks dad," you slowly nodded, too happy to say anything else.