7.3

"I just might get to know you."
- 'I Think Ur Rlly Cool,' by Carpetgarden

Biscuit sat in front of you, the way she bandaged your hands made it seem as though she's done this for years. "I swear—you, Killua, and Gon are going to be the death of me," she lectured as she carefully wrapped your fingers, "you should've told someone you were hurting this badly, heaven knows we've all been through it."

You lightly laughed and looked away, too nervous to look her in the eyes. "Killua wanted it to be a secret, he keeps trying to make himself useful. Almost as if he believes we'll ditch him because of it," you said it as a joke, but some part of you had started wondering if Killua really thought likt that. 

Did you and Gon come off as that shallow? You couldn't be sure.

"Besides, it would've been embarrassing to stall the game for something as trivial as my hands hurting," you tacked on. You really didn't want to be the reason that game would have a time-out, that would make you feel really bad. Plus, you didn't really want Gon to be mad at you for stalling his chance to learn about his dad. 

Biscuit sighed and continued wrapping, before finishing it off. She placed everything back in the first aid kit, rapping her gloved fingers on the courts' ground. She seemed to be debating something in her head—and she seemed to be getting more and more frustrated by it. 

"I'm sorry," you blurted out, making her head look up at you, "Bisky, I'm sorry that I didn't tell you. It just didn't seem right to go behind Killua like that, plus Gon was really determined to win the game, and everyone was just really excited and I didn't want to be the one to ruin that." You squeezed your eyes shut, your hands staying limp on your thighs.

"Don't worry about it," she shrugged, letting out a quicker sigh, "sure, I'm more than angry at the two of you, but I can see why you did it. I probably would've done the same thing in your situation." Biscuit admitted, grabbing the first aid kit and standing up. 

She returned said kit to one of Razor's Devils, which one you couldn't say. 

When Gon's talk with Razor was over, everyone adjourned to the outside balcony. Razor promised to leave, along with his pirates, and the lady who gave you the quest was now there. She was staring out at the ocean, her chin resting on her hand. 

She talked about a cavern, and even showed you guys a secret light hatch. You weren't really paying attention to her much. The sun had started to rise—making you want to groan at the fact that you've been up all night—and the lady ended her monologue, eventually turning into the card you needed. 

Strip of Beach.

"All that work for one card," you shook your head while Gon and Killua were celebrating. "This feels like when you're in an Uno game that you won, but you had a plus four that you never used y'know? Good, but not satisfying."

"But still!" Gon shoved the card in your face, making you take several steps back, "we did it!"

"We did, didn't we!" you smiled at him. You would've happily high-fived him, but with the way your hands were, it didn't seem as though that would be happening anytime soon. 

Gon looked away from you and peered at the stairwell; you followed his gaze and saw Hisoka walking down. Gon walked away from you and stood at the top of the stairs, "Are you sure you don't want a copy of the card?" Killua and you followed close behind him, watching as Hisoka stopped and looked up.

"How about you stick with us for a while longer?" Killua suggested, staring not necessarily at Hisoka, but in his general direction. You couldn't help but think about what was going on through Killua's mind, you didn't think that he liked Hisoka that much.