7.2

"Love's such a delicate things that we do."
- 'Simple Song,' by The Shins

"Y'know, I've had fun so far," you leaned your chin on your head, looking up at Tsezguerra. "Sure, we had a couple of close death calls and meeting Hisoka wasn't exactly ideal, but I've had fun."

Tsezguerra stared at you before looking back at the game, "Who lets a child go through the Hunter Exam? That question has been bugging me ever since you guys introduced yourself." 

"My parents, Gon's aunt, and Killua kinda ran away from home so–" you stopped yourself, staring at his annoyed face. "Was that a rhetorical question? Or did you really want an answer?"

He took his head in his hands, letting out a groan. You awkwardly laughed and looked away from him, focusing back on the game. Gon was still revving up his punch, while Killua was holding the ball. When he hit the ball, you felt your hands tingle. 

"I'm...going to go sit over there," you stood up and walked away from Tsezguerra. You sat a little ways from him, where you could scream internally without worrying about the faces you were making. You were still near enough to hear them talking, but you weren't paying attention to what they were saying.

The pain that was in your hands made everything before seem like a needle prick. It felt as though ants were crawling through your hands, making holes along the way. You stopped yourself from tearing up, if Killua wasn't going to cry about it than neither would you. 

You couldn't do anything to alleviate the feeling, so you sat there. The game felt as though it was in the background, the only thing you were focused on was ignoring the pain. Whenever you felt a sting—which was always—you thought about how much you weren't going to kill Killua after this. 

He was just being selfless; according to everyone, that was a good thing. 

Although currently you were cursing his selflessness inside of your mind. 

Oh, and he did it again. It was as if someone stabbed you after peeling off your skin. Your hands were starting to look bruised and swollen. Would it hurt to punch someone? Well, you guessed you could just press down on your palm to cause him pain. You weren't going to, but you were tempted. 

You started paying more attention when Tsezguerra called a timeout. Everyone, on your team who was playing, walked up to him, wanting to know why he was calling one. He also called for the referee, asking a question before looking at Gon.

"I can hold the ball for you, Killua's hands can't take another hit," he said, looking at the two boys. Killua looked down at you (as you were still sitting down) and he made an apologetic expression. You stared back.

"We can't do that," Killua said, Gon nodding from beside him. Of course, they would reject help from someone who knows what they're doing. "It would be a cop-out." Tsezguerra let out a cough and looked off to the side, "Hey, don't overdo it old man. My hands are fine."

"Then show me your hands," Tsezguerra commanded, one of his arms were wrapped around his stomach. 

"I told you, I'm fine!"

"[y/n]," Biscuit looked over to you. Her calling your name made everyone else look to you as well. "Show us your hands."