7.0

"I say the right thing, but act the wrong way."
- 'Hard to Explain,' by The Strokes

Things weren't going so great. 

Goreinu's white gorilla had been taken out; he had switched places with them to avoid getting hit with the ball, and Tsezguerra had narrowly missed a fatal hit. Although the worst of it was that you were now depending on Hisoka. How could you know he wouldn't use this against you guys? Or that you would now owe him somehow. 

You took your spot back in the back, looking over at Tsezguerra. If you got out now, you could heal him. You shifted your eyes over to your teammates; you wanted to do what you could for them now, and you decided that Tsezguerra could wait. 

With Hisoka's elastic Nen, he was able to disqualify Number Three. You remembered Killua saying that Hisoka was a transmuter as well, and they were able to change what their Nen was, so you wondered why he chose the things he did? Sticky and stretchy, two things you expected from a sticky hand—if anything.

Hopes were high and spirits were alight, at least until Number Seven and Number Six combined to make Number Thirteen. They were a bigger—and stronger—version of the originals, and they easily caught Hisoka's ball.

You knew the number thirteen was unlucky.

Killua yelled at the referee a little, proclaiming that it was unfair. It was then that you learned a new rule; while you were allowed to combine and split, you could not exceed the maximum amount of players. 

Killua and Gon both decided to activate their Ken at the same time, you weren't sure why. With their agility, instincts, and reaction time, they'd have no trouble avoiding the ball. Plus, if they did get hit, you could just heal them. You dismissed it, remembering that Gon would probably want to take the ball head-on. 

And he did, literally. 

The ball came right for him and, instead of dodging like anyone else would do, he placed his hands palm up on his forehead and focused all of his Ko there. The ball hit him in that exact spot, before ricocheting into the ceiling and sending Gon flying back.

You ran over to him, along with Gon and Biscuit, and he quickly jumped back up. "Do you want some help with that?" you gestured to his bleeding head and possible hurt back. He did hit the wall hard enough to break it.

"No, thank you," he declined your offer, which confused your entire being, "I'm going to catch the next ball, and this pain will help me do it."

"You good there? You got hit in the head pretty hard," you grabbed the sides of his head and began inspecting him. He only took damage to his forehead, although you knew that his back was going to bruise up in the next few days. "What's your name?"

Gon looked at you weirdly, before answering your question, "Gon Freecss."

"Where are you right now?"

"A gym, inside of a pirates hideout, inside of an island that was disguised as a game. And I'm playing dodge-ball with a man named Razor," he said, giving you more information than you asked for. At least he seemed to be alright, so you couldn't understand for the life of you why he would keep being in pain.

But you weren't going to push it. If he didn't want you to heal him, than you wouldn't heal him. However, he had to get some kind of medical attention. "I know you're planning on using back, but you're not going to right now. It's more important that you get patched up," you told him, watching as he slowly nodded. He didn't put up much resistance, thankfully.