7.5

"Sometimes I want to disappear."
- 'Houdini,' by Foster the People

tw: minor mentions of blood. im still not good at writing fighting scenes
***

The news from Goreinu shocked you. Tsezguerra had left the game, and every single one of his valuable cards were given to Goreinu, which meant that Genthru was most likely coming after you guys next. That put you on edge, but as long as you followed the plan, it should all work out well. 

It should have worked well. 

Genthru came sooner than you thought (although Biscuit had been preparing for this moment; she seemed to know what to do), along with his goons. And, you called it, the fourth guy you made Killua prepare for. And it was Theo. He didn't looked surprised to see you there, the same couldn't be said for you.

"What do you want?" Killua asked, jumping back into a defensive position. You never noticed it before, but Killua was a really good actor. Maybe in another life, that would be the route he would've taken, instead of assassination. 

"Don't be so hostile," Genthru chuckled after, "we just want to make a deal. Is that so bad?"

"With you? Yeah, probably," you shrugged your shoulders, inching behind Gon. You were the most vulnerable one there (as your hands were 'out of commission'). "Sorry, that was mean. But we're not making a deal with you."

"Aw, c'mon, it's not such a bad deal," Genthru smile wildly. "Even Tsezguerra agreed to it."

"What is it?" Gon yelled. Genthru took a step forward, which made Gon take a step back, "You can talk from over there."

Genthru sighed, "Fine. It's quite simple. We'll beat the game on everyone's behalf, and once we return to the real world, we'll split Battera's reward."

"I find that hard to believe."

"We've had a change of heart, and Tsezguerra left the game."

"That doesn't prove that he agreed to your offer."

"Valid point," Genthru pushed the bridge of his glasses up, holding his hand there like a weirdo. "Do you want to die?" The man did a full 180, his 'nice' coat coming off. "Then stop whining and give us your cards."

Gon called book and brought Accompany out, sending all four of you to Soufrabi. This little goose chase continued four more times, at one point you guys juked them out at Masadora, but now the time came. To fight one-on-one. 

The plan had been going well. Because of the fourth man being there, you were in charge of dealing with someone, originally you were supposed to go with Biscuit. That obviously wasn't going to work now. 

And you were then split up.

You had to run through the trees and try not to trip over roots or branches. You could handle it, but it was more nerve-wracking when you had someone chasing you. You didn't know who it was, it could've been anyone (except for Genthru and Bara, who you saw going after Gon and Biscuit). 

You used Return to go back to the spawn point, where all of you were going to meet up. 

You stopped in-front of the dome where new players would walk out from. Turning around, you saw that it was Theo who was behind you. 

"So," you swallowed a lump in your throat, as you would've felt too awkward to clear it, "how's it, uh, how's it going?"

"Ask me on a better day," he looked off to the side, picking at the hem of his hoodie. "I guess we have to fight."

"Well, we don't have to, you could just join our side instead," you bit your lip. "But, I guess that's not something that's going to happen."

"Probably not, I'm kinda committed to this team," he gestured around him, to the empty fields. No one else was there, was the point he was making. "You can go back to Masadora, leave the game, I wouldn't tell anyone."

"Thanks, but...I'm kinda committed to my team as well," you shrugged your shoulders. "How about on the count of three, we officially start fighting?" 

"Yeah, I can agree to that."

"One."

"Two."

"Three."

And you two lunged at each other. You ducked as he went in to punch you, bringing your foot up, you tried to hit his head. You ended up striking his shoulder instead, throwing him down to the ground. He quickly grabbed your ankle, bringing you down with him. You were careful to land on your butt instead of your wrists, but your leg was still in his hand. 

You used your other foot and kicked him in the stomach. The whole fight was kinda pathetic, but there was no one to watch you so you didn't care. 

"Are we allowed to use Nen?" he asked, straightening out his legs. 

"Yeah, you can."

"Why didn't you lead with that? We look like two children fighting over who gets what toy."

"Eh, at least they use their nails." 

He laughed for a short while, before activating his Nen. You could feel it, and it scared you at first, but the terror soon went away. You saw his Nen form something in his hand, a shape slowly taking place. 

Oh. He made a sword. 

He slashed it at you, hitting your arm and making you bleed; before throwing your leg off of him and standing up. You felt the warm liquid slide down your arm, effectively staining your sleeves. The strong smell of iron soon filled the air, making you scrunch your nose up.

You still didn't fancy the smell very much.

"I swear, if some sort of animal comes over here because they smell blood-" you cut yourself off to dodge Theo's next swing. He was quick and agile, very used to working with a sword. 

He countered your dodge by bringing his sword back up, forcing you to use your arm to block. It sliced through and down, creating another slash on your arm. You brought the tip of your foot up and kicked his fingers that were holding the sword, making him drop it. 

When it hit the ground, it turned back into the goopy Nen you were used to, and it crawled back to him. "That's a bit weird," you commented, watching as it was reforming in his hand. 

You took that chance to attack him once again, dealing blunt damage to his abdomen. He coughed while you tripped him and pinned him down. 

"I'm going to have to knock you out for this next little bit, okay?" you said, waiting for him to nod. You felt like it would be rude to just knock him out without his permission (although you were going to do it regardless of his answer).

Theo coughed again, "You didn't use Nen once that whole fight. I think that's kinda unfair towards me." 

"Please don't be like Gon and demand a rematch until I give you my all," you groaned, remembering how that fight with Hanzo had dragged on. "I can't get my bandages wet, which is kind of an issue with the blood that it currently dripping down my arm."

"Ah, yeah go ahead and knock me out. I can't do much in this position," he gestured to you sitting on top of him. You quickly complied, making sure that he was actually knocked out. 

The very familiar Another Player Has Casted Contact On You rang from your book. You looked to see who it was and smiled when you saw the name, it was Killua. 

You clicked accept and greeted him.

"Did you get him?" he asked, his voice a bit static-y from the distance.

"Got 'em."

***
sorry ive been busy :p

shorter chapter for the reasons stated above