Chapter 32

Everyone stared and blinked at me as they processed what I said. I stepped back ready for their reaction. I watched as they slowly started to get angry Alya put her phone away having turned off the live feed. Then the yelling started.

Marinette POV

I heard shouting from the lobby and knew Lila just told the class everything. I checked my phone and saw we needed to get on the bus. So I and my friends got up and went to the bus walking to the back. We were the first ones on there not long after everyone else followed.

Lila sat surrounded by our classmates who kept throwing glares and spiteful looks at me. I sighed hoping Lila actually came out with the truth and didn't make up another lie. But when I looked at Lila I saw that she had a scared and nervous look. She kept shooting me apologetic looks for some reason though confusing me.

We soon arrived at our destination so we got off the bus. I and my friends made sure to stay near Dick. Mainly we didn't want to cause a scene. It turns out our tour guide was Kara Danvers. She is a news journalist but she has done a lot of research on the places plus employees will becoming to give their input and so on. The fact being the owners couldn't find anyone willing to give us a tour besides the museum which is at the end of the day.

Lila POV

I bit my lip nervous for when lunch came around. That's when Alya and the rest of the plan to confront Marinette. Since they think she bullies and forced me to say that stuff this morning. Even though I tried to tell them it was my choice.

I just want this to stop I am putting Marinette through more pain than necessary all because I told lies. I stopped walking for a millisecond realizing something. I am attempting to destroy my kingdom of lies because Marinette said a few words and saved me. I felt anger boil inside me. I smirked before I started to whisper to Alya who in turn started to whisper to everyone besides Marinette's friends and Marinette of course.

I'll play the victim of being bullied and a person trying to change. That way I get to keep my friends and their betrayal towards Marinette will worse. I might even be able to get some of her friends on my side. I kept walking feeling pity little miss perfect which won't last long. Since I will be destroying what little good faith people have in her. By finding out her secrets and using them to my advantage.

Marinette POV

The Steelworkers were nice and were very informative, to be honest. Though I noticed that Kara kept glancing at me before looking away. I sighed knowing I was going to need to talk to her.

We soon arrived at Centennial Park. For us to give our brains a break from absorbing all of that information. I got up from sitting under the tree me and my friends claimed. I walked around wanting to get some inspiration for designs since I am MDC. I heard and sensed that someone was coming up to me behind me. I turned around and saw Lila.

She seemed nervous but I felt as if this was the calm before the storm. I decided to keep a close eye on her and my guard up. But I would try and give the new her a chance. I smiled at her but knew there were a few parts that looked fake.

"Hey Lila what was with all of that yelling this morning after you told them?" She gave me a confused look but there was some nervousness creeping through. I sighed figuring out what happened but waited for her to tell me.

"They think that you bullied and threatened me to tell them that it was all a bunch of lies. And from what I have heard they are going to talk to you while you're alone. That's all I know sorry." She said looking down her voice wobbly. The nagging feeling increased. I nodded and thanked her. She soon left and I sat down on a rock.