Chapter 48

One week

Marinette was back home. She was happy to be home but at the same time, she wasn't sure how she felt. She had three weeks until Adrien, Lila, and Slade were to be turned over to the police after being punished by Talia. But that didn't put Marinette at ease. Her parents knew that she was still getting over whatever happened and made sure only her friends and family were the only ones allowed up to their apartment. And when they heard that she was coming they had her room overflowing with sewing materials. Bridgette and Felix had picked Marinette up and taken her to the louve so she could relax.

Damian had stayed behind in Gotham giving Marinette time to recover. But he would text a few times every few hours to which she would reply when she was ready. With help from Dick, he would send her funny pictures and quotes so he knew she laughed at least once. Even if they were corny.

Damian - Good afternoon anjel, just thinking of your beautiful eyes. How they sparkle when you laugh and shine with happiness when you smile. Here's a picture so your eyes may sparkle and shine

 Here's a picture so your eyes may sparkle and shine

A couple of hours later

Marinette - Kuri hono, that got my to laugh like you wanted. And I am feeling a lot lighter from it. And I bet Batman was more grumpy than normal those few months after

Damian would always reread her messages to reassure himself that she was truly there and safe. And it wasn't a trick of his mind. But to him it wasn't enough. He wanted to be near her and see her with his own two eyes. Yet he stayed away so she could navigate the trauma from what happened.

Six weeks later

Marinette looked up at the courthouse. She was really nervous and a little eager. It was time for the trail to determine Slades, Lila's and Adrian's punishment for all that they had done. But she knew the Wayne's had more planned seeing how their legal team were in charge of building a case against the three. And she was needed for statements. Looking down she checked her outfit to make sure it was appropriate for this.

Slowly Marinette made her way up the stairs. She needed to do this and the light pat tikki was comforting even if it was through her coat pocket. Once she reached the top of the stairs her heart was hammering against her chest harder than it had ever done before. Her breathing was a little uneven as well. But not by much. Just then her buzzed. Gladly taking the distraction she unlocked her phone to look at the notifications. Seeing it was a text from Damian she smiled. 

Damian - I know today is the day of the trail for the three. So i have three questions to ask. 1. Would you company for support for this hard day? 2. Would you like that company to spend time with you after the trail? And 3. Who would you the company be?

Marinette - Yes, I would love company for the durations of the trial. And  for the day as well since I don't want to spend the day thinking about the trial and with the help of_____ I will be tired for an hour or so afterwards. And I want that company to be you. I want to be with you and I feel that I am ready to be around you.