🌞Chapter 4🌻

🌞🌻

How long had it been? That strange sensation had felt like an hour. Suddenly Mew whispered into his ear, "We're here," and Gulf opened his eyes.

"Where?" he asked.

They had been in his house and hadn't even walked one step forward, yet they were now somewhere different.

"W-What? How? Where are we?"

"The demon world."

"Where is that?" Gulf screamed in panic. A pleased smile crossed Mew's lips.

"You look cute when you panic too."

"Cute..." He felt like this wasn't the time to be saying things like that, and sighed. But it was true that it had shaken him out of his panic.

After he calmed down a little, he looked around and saw they were in a luxurious room.

It was very latoge. There was a table and chairs. They sat on a sofa tha was decorated in beautiful fabric.

The door was open, so he could see into the next room where there was a large canopied bed. It wasn't square and didn't resemble any kind of bed Gulf was familiar with. It was more wide than long.

The strange bed and elegant furnishings in the room were so outside of Gulf's norm that he didn't know what to think.

"W-What a nice room..." he murmured.

"Well, of course. It is the king's room in the royal palace." Mew answered, chuckling.

"The royal palace?" The phrase seemed strange to Gulf, since he had thought such a thing only existed in fairy tales and not reality.

And the strangest thing of all was that it seemed like the Demon King was telling the truth. Gulf didn't want to believe it, but he couldn't deny what he saw.

From what his father had said, he didn't want anything to do with this horned Demon King.

Gulf's face twisted in thought, and Mew laughed again. "They really didn't tell you anything, did they?"

"About what?"

"The demon world or about your true self."

"What do you mean, my true self? I'm me." Gulf's voice trembled, fearing what Mew might say next.

He never had any reason to doubt he was human, so he was afraid of what the truth might be. His heart pounded and he trembled. He felt like he might collapse.

"You're not a normal human like you think you are. You're a different creature than human."

"Um..." Normally he would say, 'Don't be ridiculous,' but because of his father and Mew's baffling conversation and this strange teleportation he had experienced, he wasn't so sure. In a blink of an eye he had been taken from his house to this unfamiliar place, that definitely was not normal. His head was still spinning trying to figure that out.

"This is the demon world. You're not human, you're a magical being. As are, of course, your father and brothers."

"Magical...being?" Gulf murmured, knitting his eyebrows together. "What does that mean?"

"Those who live in the demon world. It's a different existence than human. There are all different types, all different powers. Some can teleport, some can move things with their minds...and there are many more. Of course, everyone's abilities are different. We're much more powerful than humans. Not even comparable."

"But I can't do any of those things. And I've never seen my family do anything like that either. There must be some mistake..."

"Yes, you're an incubus, so you don't possess any of those powers. And your family was just being careful not to use their powers in the human world. Because if they did, it might raise suspicions. It might make other magical beings find them more easily."

"I don't know..." No matter what, he just couldn't believe him. All the knowledge and common sense he had been raised with for eighteen years wouldn't let him.

But at the same time, he didn't think Mew was lying. Deep down inside, he felt like what he was saying was true.

TBC