🌻Chapter 27

🌻

It had been three days since First approached him with the plan.

Since then, he hadn't seen him at all. Perhaps he had actually given up since Gulf had turned him down so definitively.

It was a normal day, except that Mew went out for some kind of inspection. He said he would be back in two or three hours, but added it might take longer depending on how things went. Apparently he had wanted to take Gulf with him, but for some reason had decided against it.

Since he wasn't allowed to walk freely within the palace. He stayed cooped up in the room, bored out of his mind.

He had asked Mew if he could meet with his family while he was gone, but Mew had refused.

"He's a meanie, as usual."

Everyone else in the demon world viewed Mew as a cruel and heartless Demon King, but to Gulf he was just an overly jealous, narrow-minded Demon King. Even though he said he would grant any of Gulf's wishes, he wouldn't allow hin to live peacefully with his family. Instead he tried to lavish gifts on him.

New clothes and jewels soon filled up Mew's living room. Gulf would tell him he didn't want them, but Mew made him wear them, saying they looked good on him. Whenever First saw him dressed like that, he glared at him even more.

As soon as Mew left, Gulf took off all the jewelry and climbed on the bed. Since he had nothing better to do, he thought he might as well go back to sleep. Before long he heard someone calling his name and shaking his shoulder.

"Hmm?"

At first he thought it was Mew and he had returned. He sat up and rubbed his eyes, then exclaimed in surprise, "P'Tong?! Why are you here?"

They were in Mew's bedroom. He was only allowed to meet with his family in the living room at a specific time. They were definitely not allowed in the bedroom.

There was no way Mew had let him in. He didn't even have to ask that. Mew was so jealous he couldn't even stand it when Gulf's family touched him.

"Shhh! We're running away, Gulf."

"Running away?"

"The Demon King isn't in the palace right now, it's our only chance!"

"But..."

"Dad and Boat are coming with us. We're going back to the human world."

"B-But..." Gulf hesitated.

The Demon King's power was absolute, and he had heard even if all the demons fought against him they couldn't possibly win. If they angered the king, Mew would kill them in an instant.

And if they got caught...there was no doubt that he would spare Gulf, and in exchange force sex on him.

But if Mew caught his family, there was equally no doubt in his mind that he'd kill them.

Plus, Gulf didn't even know if he wanted to run away. There were some things he didn't like about living with Mew, but none so bad that he wanted to run away.

It had been easy to get used to their nightly activities, and he realized that something inside of him wanted it. The pleasure he got from Mew felt nice, and his body craved it.

He didn't really want to be apart from Mew. He wasn't exactly sure what he felt towards him, but he knew it wasn't hate.

"P'Tong, I..." He was about to say he didn't want to run away, but his brother interrupted him.

"We have to hurry or they'll find out. One of the king's advisors is helping is so we have to escape while the king is still out. There's no time. Dad and Boat had already left."