🌻Chapter 16

🌻

After a while the three-eyed girl brought him more tea and snacks, but it was too boring to sit in the room all by himself. It didn't seem Mew was coming back to the room anytime soon, so Gulf stood up and put his hand on the doorknob. He opened the door and looked around carefully.

"No one's here..."

He was in an unfamiliar place...the demon world. And on top of that, the imperial palace. Gulf was extremely curious about what kind of place it was.

"I"ll just look around a little..."

If Mew caught him, he'd probably get angry, but he thought he'd be fine if he stayed close to the room.

Even if he ran into some demons they wouldn't know who he was; and if he got into any danger, Mew has told him all he had to do was cry and use his abilities an an incubus.

He picked a random direction to begin walking in, and he was impressed by what he saw. "So this is the imperial palace...everything is so large and elegant. All the columns and walls are decorated."

In the human world, Gulf had lived in an upperclass neighborhood and their house had been very large, but not nearly as grand as this. Because this wasn't a house---it was a palace.

He looked around, awed even by the construction of the doors.

But what was strange was that he hadn't run into anyone. The place was big so he figured that a lot of people must be working here, but he hadn't seen anyone yet.

"Perhaps because I'm close to the king's room? Maybe no one comes near here..." He felt like no matter how strange of a demon he came across he wouldn't be scared, and even though he prepared himself not to scream, he felt on edge.

"This is boring!"

He had secretly hoped to run into someone who truly looked like a demon.

"Maybe I should turn back."

If he went too far, he wouldn't be able to find his way back to the room. And he didn't want Mew to find out he had left.

But he still wanted to explore his surroundings a little. He hadn't seen anything too strange yet, or run into any scary demons.

He decided to walk around just a bit more, and as soon as he turned the corner he finally saw a demon.

"Are you Gulf?" the creature asked, staring at him. Even though they were meeting for the first time, Gulf sensed hostility in his voice.

How did he know his name?

"Yes...who are you?"

"I'm First. An incubus."

"An incubus?"

That's what they had told Gulf he was. His father had explained the basics of what that meant to hin, but he still didn't feel like he wasbone. But at the very least he understood that he had met someone just like him.

"Umm...that's what I've been told I am."

"Yes, I heard. But you look so plain with those brown eyes and brown hair. Are you sure you're really an incubus?" His tone of voice was snobby and sarcastic.

Gulf's face tightened at the hostility in his voice.

His father and brothers had doted on him so much that he had a naivete about him. But that didn't mean he was timid. He wasn't the kind of person who would go crying to bed if someone bullied him.

"Yeah, well, you look gaudy. Plus, you're annoying. Your eyes are all squinty and make you look evil. I guess the ugliness of your personality came out on your face."

"What did you say?"

"The truth. You've been mean to me from the beginning. It makes me sick!"

First squinted his eyes even more at Gulf's words.

The two incubi squared off angrily.

First was wearing clothes that resembled Gulf, but instead they were black. His shoulders were bare and he wasn't wearing pants, so his legs were also bare. All in all, he exposed a lot of skin.

Gulf hadn't seen anyone wearing clothes like this before. If he were still in the human wirld, it would look like a uniform that was worn out of shape.

In Gulf's school there were guys who would alter their pants or tie their neckties in weird ways in order to be different, and he also saw female students who wore their skirts shorter.

That made him think First was like a high school girl trying to get attention by shortening his skirt.

"Do all incubi wear clothes like that?"

"No. I just wear my clothes how I want. How it looks good on me. It's dorky to wear clothes that hide so much of your body. It's proof you have no self-confidence" First purposefully, eyeing Gulf's clothes.

Gulf chuckled, thinking he was making excuses just like a high school girl would.

"What's so funny?"

"Oh, sorry. I feel like I've heard the exact same thing before in the human world. I guess demons and humans are similar in some ways"

"G-Give me a break! Me, resemble a human. What a terrible insult!" First snorted.

Gulf tilted his head. "That's an insult?"

"Of course it is! Why the hell would you say I am anything like those powerless humans! How rude!"

"But I heard that compared to other demons, incubi aren't that powerful."

"Even if we don't have much power, we have a charm that makes up for it. We're wanted by all demons."

"That's pretty cool. Oh yeah, I'm an incubus too!"

"You're a freak incubus. The worst kind. You were brought up in the human world, plus you look like that. I can't believe you with those plain brown eyes and that hair. Usually incubi have beautiful silver or gold hair like me, or even bright red. And clear blue or green eyes is the norm."

Gulf was starting to get angry at repeatedly being called 'plain.'

"My hair isn't plain brown. My family and even Mew says it's a pretty reddish-brown. And that my eyes are so beautiful. They look delicious and wanna eat them up."

He was telling the truth, but he had puposefully brought up Mew's name. Since First lived in this world, he must know that Mew was special.

First lip's tightened and said, "There's no way the king would like a plain incubus like you. You're so plain you're unusual, so he probably just wanted to try you out. He'll get sick of you sooner or later."

"Try me out? You're really rude, aren't you? It'll work out better for me if he does get sick of me. Then I can go home."

What he said was true, but it did make him angry to think of being used and tossed away. "How could he get sick of me after kidnapping me and forcing himself on me? Mew pisses me off!"

Mew had never said any of this, but he still found himself getting angry at him.

As he grumbled to himself, someone appeared in front of him.

TBC