🌻Chapter 29

🌻

After Tong left him, Gulf looked at his surroundings.

He was definitely in the middle of the forest. But the trees nearby were so large Gulf probably couldn't wrap both arms around them.

He figured they were probably a landmark so his brothers could find him, so he made sure the cloth was on securely. "Yeah, it's fine."

Gulf nodded and sat down at the base of the giant tree. Even though he knew nothing could see him, he crouched down and made himself as small as possible.

He waited by himself, feeling uneasy. He felt like this was taking forever. He couldn't help but worry about his family.

He put his chin on top of his knees and sighed. 'Why did things have to end up this way?' he wondered, as he stared into space at nothing in particular.

Ever since the day Mew had kidnapped him, his life had changed. And now he was defying him---a man not even his father and brothers could defeat.

It wasn't that he wanted to run away, but of course now it was too late.

Perhaps it was because he had spent too much time with Mew that he felt so lonely being alone now.

When he was with Mew, he felt protected even if he came across a scary-looking demon, he knew as long as Mew was with him that he'd be okay.

He opened his mouth to call out Mew's name, then he realized what he was doing and clamped a hand over it.

Maybe it was because he had completely dependent on Mew since coming to the demon world that he felt like he needed him even after running away.

He didn't know how he felt.

Or how Mew truly felt.

Mew said he was cute and adorable and that he wanted him to be his companion, but he had never told him that he loved him.

So no matter how kind Mew was to him, or how attached he seemed, he still didn't really know how he felt.

He said that since incubi matured early, there were none who hadn't been touched. Except for Gulf, who had still been a virgin. Maybe that's the only reason why Mew had chosen him?

Because no matter how many times Mew told him he was cute, he knew he wasn't as beautiful as First.

He didn't dislike his brown hair, but he did look plain compared to other incubi.

All Gulf could think about while he waited for his brother to return was Mew.

TBC