🌻Chapter 19

🌻

Mew wouldn't hear of letting Gulf go home.

It wasn't that he couldn't stand his current life, but it wasn't like he was completely satisfied with it either. But since Gulf had been raied in the human world, he just wasn't used to this world.

Even though he didn't feel uncomfortable, this still wasn't his home. And he was also waited on hand and foot. And on top of that, it was by a girl with three eyes!

It seemed like all the servants were lesser demons, and many of them were strange-looking. Apparently, all the very strong demons looked much like humans.

Gulf couldn't relax. He was surrounded by unfamiliar things, and it set him on edge.

He longed for his old life in the human world.

He never had to worry about anything back then, except maybe steering clear of perverts on the train.

The most painful thing about his life now was that he couldn't see his family whenever he wanted. He was happy that he got to spend an hour each day with them, but it just wasn't the same. He couldn't touch them or Mew would get angry.

And he would find out because of the guard.

He was so silent. Gulf wondered if he could even talk at all, but he figured Mew had probably ordered him not to talk unless it was absolutely necessary. So he couldn't be the conversation partner Gulf was looking for.

When he wasn't in the room with his family, he was standing outside the door like a statue. If Gulf tried to touch his family, he would pull them apart.

He was in an unfamiliar world with a scary-faced guard. He just couldn't get used to it.

The guard was frighteningly loyal to the Demon King, and even if Gulf tried to talk to him, he'd ignore him and stand there, stone-faced.

Gulf just wanted to talk to someone else besides his family for a change, so he tried to do that with the girl who brought him meals---the three-eyed girl name Iruma.

"Here's your tea."

"Thanks."

When Gulf stared at her eye too much, she would get a shy look on her face.

But he was naturally curious so he found himself looking at it a lot.

"Um, does everyone in your family have a third eye?"

"Yes. Everyone in my clan does. Since we don't have magical powers, this eye helps us see far distances."

"You can see farther than normal people?"

"Yes. We can also see evil and lies. So my father and brother work as sentries in the palace."

"Oh, so no bad guys get in? That's cool!"

"There's a high crime rate in the city, and thieves always try to break in here. But none of them would be foolish enough to try to attack the king, so they serve to protect other demons who live here."

"Wow." Gulf was impressed that Mew would hire people to protect someone other than himself.

After seeing Gulf's reaction, Iruma smiled and said something that made him want to crawl into a hole. "I'm so happy that my king has finally found a companion. He just ignored all the other incubi, so everyone was worried about him. We were all so surprised because we had no idea Master Thaweesak's child was such an adorable incubus."

He hunched his shoulders at being told he was adorable and had her blessing to be with Mew.

"Adorable..."

"You really are adorable, Master Gulf. I can't believe how adorable you are even when you frown like that."

He tried his best to look cool, so he was upset that he was still being called adorable.

Iruma left, leaving him even more depressed.

TBC