🌞Chapter 32🌻

🌞🌻

"Do you think it could be First?"

He was the only incubus who had grudge against Gulf. He had even said his guardian would try to help him escape.

"I don't know his name. I think I've seen him before..."

"You have a terrible memory. It's the golden-haired, blue-eyed incubus."

"I don't remember the color of his eyes, but his hair was gold. Yeah, I remember him. The one I saw with you."

"It was First then. He was the only incubus I've ever talked to."

He couldn't believe First had tried to kill him.

"Did you kill First and his guardian who helped him?"

"No, I haven't."

"I see."

Gulf breathed a sigh of relief. No matter how much he didn't like First, he didn't want him to be killed. But his relief didn't last long.

"I wouldn't do something as kind as killing them. They kidnapped you and left you out here to be eaten by beasts. They'll die in a hundred years anyway. I'm sure they're regretting it right now."

"Huh?"

A fearsome light shone in Mew's eyes.

If he didn't kill them, then what did he do?

"So what...?"

He was going to ask if he was torturing them, but Mew interrupted, staring at Tong while he spoke. "If only it really was you that had made that plan, I could have gotten rid of you for good."

"Mew!! You're like that, and that's why I believed it was P'Tong! Because you keep threatening them!"

"So what?"

"Mew!"

"Why can't you understand? Why would I want anyone to take you away from me? If I get rid of them they won't cause the trouble in the future."

"Well, that might be true, but I don't want you to do that. Stop saying something like that so easily. I don't care if you're the Demon King, it's wrong!"

"You only think that because you were raised as a human. I'm the Demon King, so I'll do as I please."

Gulf groaned. "Will you stop saying that?"

"I was so shocked when I found out you run away."

"I'm sorry..."

Mew's eyes looked sad, and all Guld could do was apologize.

"I know I made you stay by my side, but I thought eventually you'd come to love me."

"But you only chose me because I'm an incubus and...a virgin, right? Otherwise, you wouldn't have anyone for the mating period."

"Don't be ridiculous! Of course I don't like it when they've been touched, but it didn't have to be a virgin. It just happened to be the case this time. I would have taken you even if you weren't a virgin."

"Um..."

He wondered if that meant he would have killed anyone else who got there first. How terrible!

"I didn't choose you to be my companion because youbm were a virgin or because you were an incubus. I knew I wanted you the minute I saw you."

Gulf's heart pounded as Mew stared at him.

Gulf had been captivated by Mew from the beginning, too. But he just disn't have the confidence to believe that Mew really wanted him. No matter how many times he told him he was cute or how many times they had sex, he just couldn't find the confidence in himself.

He was too insecure to believe it. He couldn't stop worrying that eventually he'd move on to another incubus.

"Mew...you've said I'm cute and that you wanted me to be yours, but you never told me you loved me."

"Telling you all that means that I love you."

Gulf felt happy finally hearing it out loud.

"B-But how was I supposed to know that? I'm an idiot, so I need you to be blunt with me!"

"Okay...well, I'll be sure to say it from now on. I love you Gulf. So please be my companion."

He stared at Mew's beautiful face, full of sincerity. He didn't know what to say. Plus, he was the Demon King. He had so much to think about.

"What do you feel about me Gulf? Do you love me? Do you want to be my companion?"

Even though Mew was a selfish, stuck-up Demon King, Gulf couldn't refuse him.

"I...I do love you."

TBC