🌞Chapter 22🌻

🌞🌻

"Gulf." A voice called his name.

"Hmm? What's wrong, Mew?"

"You were running late so I came to get you." Even though he was expressionless, Gulf could tell that he was in a bad mood. Mew turned around and looked at First. "Who is that? Why were you with him?"

"Hmm?"

He had seen them talking the other day. And according to  First's story, he was a top candidate for Mew's companion.

His personality aside, his outward appearance was very beautiful, so Gulf truly wondered if Mew didn't remember.

"He said he was a candidate to be your companion."

"Hmph."

"You don't remember him at all? You saw him the other day. First said that his guardian is one of your advisors."

"I don't remember his name or his face. I get introduced to so many incubi before the mating period that I can't remember even one of them."

"Not even one of them. Really?"

"Really."

"But he's so pretty..."

"For an incubus, I suppose. But his type annoys me."

"His type?"

"He thinks he can get anything from me just by flirting because I'm the Demon King. Some incubi are way too confident about their abilities. It's really annoying."

"But aren't you happy to have them come after you since they're so beautiful? Or maybe they're not your type. Mew, what is your type?"

"You."

"Huh?"

"You're my type. Pure and cute. I feel at ease when I'm with you. Most incubi are too greedy. It drives me crazy. But Thaweesak did a good job raising you. It pains me to admit it, but it's a good thing you grew up in the human world."

"Why does it pain you to admit it?"

"Because that meant I had to meet you so late. If you'd been raised here, I would have been able to watch over you since you were a baby."

"Hmmm..."

Something about that seemed kind of creepy.

He felt like if Mew had known him since he was a baby, he wouldn't have grown up normally at all. He probably would have taken him from his family and not allowed him to see them.

But what he was more scared about was if Mew raised him...how old would he have been when he first made a move on him? Probably much younger than eighteen. It made him tremble just thinking about it.

'Thanks, Dad...' Gulf thought.

He was grateful for having been raised in the human world. Because his father had hidden him from Mew's prying eyes, he had been able to have a peaceful childhood. At least until now.

Mew smiled at Gulf, who was furrowing his brow. "You're thinking you're glad I didn't know you when you were a baby."

"Huh? Ahh...um..."

He couldn't exactly admit it. He wasn't sure how to respond, so he remained silent.

Mew reached out and stroked his hair. "Gulf..."

Even though he threatened his family and did whatever he liked to him, he always called his name so tenderly.

He had thought he was obsessed with his power and that he was a selfish, heartless man, but Mew's attitude sometimes made him think differently.

It was hard to keep hating him when he treated him so kindly.

If he was meaner to him, maybe he wouldn't feel so confused.

TBC