🌞Chapter 17🌻

🌞🌻

"Gulf."

"Mew!? Ahh, you scared me!"

"What are you doing here?"

"You said I could talk to my family for one hour. But it was too boring sitting in the room by myself, so I came out here."

"You should have called for me then."

"No way."

He had finally been free of Mew for a while, why would he want to call him back?

As he and Mew talked, First's expression softened. His eyes didn't look so hostile and he stood there meekly. He waited for a pause in their conversation, and finally spoke.

"It's been a long time, my king. How have you been?"

"You don't need to greet me. Gulf, let's go back to the room," Mew said, and picked him up in his arms. He began walking.

"What? Already? But I haven't seen anything yet. He's the only demon I've met!"

"You don't need to meet anyone else."

"Yes, I do! I don't want him to be the only one I've met. He's terrible! Who is he, anyway? Friend of yours?"

"I don't know him."

"Huh? But he just hi to you. And he was all mean to me and insulted me."

"I might have met him once or twice. I don't remember. I've met many incubi. I'm not going to every single one."

"But he was so stuck up."

"Want me to get rid of him?"

"What?"

"If he bothers you, I'll erase him."

Gulf finally undestood what he means. He shook his head furiously.

"I-I never said that!"

"Are you sure?"

"I don't want you to do that. You shouldn't say something like that so easily!"

"But I can easily do so."

"That's what's scary!!" He wanted to know why Mew kept threatening to get rid of everyone. And if it was just 'because he's the Demon King," that was too cruel.

"I wanna go home..."

He was only eighteen...he hadn't had a chance to live his life yet. He just wanted a normal, peaceful life.

But instead, he was being carried in the arms of the Demon King. He wondered if he was too heavy, but Mew carried him as if he were light as a feather.

"I can walk by myslef!"

"I know."

Gulf figured whatever he said was futile. When they came to Mew's room, he saw a very tall man standing there.

He was probably two meters tall. He didn't appear to be a monster, and at first glance he resembled a regular human. He looked very strong.

"Whoa, he's huge!" Gulf stared up at him, impressed.

"This is your bodyguard."

"Bodyguard?"

"Yes. For when I'm not here. He will also be with you when you meet with your family."

"Why?"

He didn't really understand what having a bodyguard meant.

The large man politely opened the door for them. He didn't seem to want to come in, and quickly closed the door after them without saying a word.

Mew put Gulf down in a chair and stroked his hair.

"To protect you."

"From what?"

"I can't let you go walking around alone. Too many incubi will interfere. And I want you to be my companion, but it will still take time for word to get around."

"Companion? What does that mean?"

"You know, companion. I guess humans would call it...a wife? A queen."

"W-Wife? Queen?! But I'm a guy!"

"No one will care about that."

"I will! Why do you think you can make me do whatever you want with me? I'm a guy! I don't want to be anyone's wife!"

"It's not just anyone. I'm the Demon King."

"I don't care who you are! I refuse! I don't want to be anyone's wife! There's no way I want to be a queen! No, no, no!"

"Why not? I'll give you anything you want. Grant you any wish. That's how much power I have."

"Then let me go home! And never bother me again!"

"I can't do that."

"You said you'd give me anything I want. Liar!"

"I won't let you go. What about a jewel? I have one even bigger and more beautiful than yours. I'll make it into a crown for you."

Mew must have thought that sounded very attractive, but Gulf wasn't interested at all.

"I don't want anything like that. I'm not a girl! I don't care about jewels. I love my necklace only because it's a memento from my mother! I don't want a crown!"

"Then I can get you beautiful fabric to make you any kind of clothes you want. With gold and silver threads...anything you want."

"No! I said, I'm a guy! A guy! I have no interest in clothes or jewels! And I don't like anything so flashy anyway!"

"So then what do you want?"

"I wanna go home!"

"I said that's impossible."

"Then I don't want anything!" Gulf yelled, turning his face away from Mew, sulking.

Mew looked troubled. "Don't pout. I want to make you happy."

"How can youbm say that when you won't even listen to me?"

"Don't say you want to leave me. As long as it's not that, I'll listen to anything. Do you hate this world...and me, so much?"

Gulf couldn't say anything when Mew looked at him so tenderly.

Even though Mew's actions were usually so violent, he was very kind to Gulf. There was no way he could deny that.

But even still, there was no way he wanted to stay in this world.

"I hate being annoyed. I hate changing environments. I even hate changing classes at school! So how can I deal with this world, and a Demon King, and being queen!"

"What's annoying about it? You don't have to do anything except be by my side."

"That's what's annoying! I don't want to be called queen. It's a lie that all you want is for me to be with you, anyway!"

Even though it had been Gulf's first time, Mew had still made him come many times. He knew there was more to Mew's desire than that.

"You're right. It's a lie that I just want to be with you. I want you to be with me in bed too."

"I didn't do it because I liked it!"

"Really? Because halfway through you were the one doing it."

"..."

"You were moaning and asked for more, remember?"

Gulf really didn't want to think about that. But he couldn't deny it.

TBC