🌞Chapter 31🌻

🌞🌻

"Mew!!"

"K-King?"

As soon as Mew showed up before them, he annihilated all the beasts. Even though Tong had fought against them so hard, Mew defeated every single one of them in a flash.

"But I thought magic didn't work against beasts?" Tong whispered, astounded.

Mew looked at him coldly.

"Don't compare me to you. So...Gulf called for you, not me?"

"What?"

Mew's voice sounded sad not like his usual conceited voice.

"It really pisses me off that he chose you instead of me," Mew whispered, grabbing Tong by the neck.

"Urgh!"

"Should I strangle you to death? That would make me feel better. As long as you're around, Gulf will be in trouble. He'll never completely rely on me as long as you exist."

"A-Aagh..." Tong choked, his face tightening.

Gulf was so shocked at how angry Mew was, he couldn't move.

But Tong was in trouble. He couldn't just stand there.

Tong's hands broke out in sweat and his arms dangled limply. His body was held aloft in the air by Mew.

At this rate, he really would kill him.

"Stop it!" Gulf screamed, and started to get down from the tree. But he was in such a hurry he forgot that the stairs were no longer there. "Arghhh!" He closed his eyes as he thought be was going to fall, to brace himself for the pain.

But instead of hitting the ground, nothing happened. He opened his eyes.

Mew was holding him im his arms.

Tong was on the ground, coughing.

"Ahhh..."

Gulf was so scared he couldn't look at Mew.

"You're so annoying," Mew whispered, and ripped the cloth from Gulf's hands. Then he lit it on fire and it burnt away without leaving a trace. "Why did you run away?"

"..."

"Do you hate being with me so much?"

"I, I..."

He was so scared he couldn't speak.

"Answer me. If you don't, I'll kill him."

"N-No, don't!"

"Then answer me! Don't you want to be with me?"

Gulf shook his head. "That's not it. I don't have a lot of freedom with you and that bothers me, but I don't hate being with you."

"Then why did you run away?"

"Because P'Tong said he came to rescue me. And if the plan failed then you would kill Dad and everyone, so..."

"You had no choice but to run away "

"Pretty much...I didn't have time to think about it. P'Tong showed up and told me to run away."

"That wasn't your brother."

"What?"

"The one who told you to run away wasn't your brother. It was an incubus who had transformed. Some powerful demons must have used a spell on him to make him exactly like your brother."

"W-What? It was a fake? I was sure it was P'Tong though!"

Gulf was really confused.

"No. Your brothers and father accompanied me on my inspection because we went to look at your father's land. The butler had protected the castle, but the land was a mess because of the absence of the feudal lord."

"But he came back here. P'Tong told me to wait here."

"That's because you called his name. That stone still has some more power left in it."

"But...are you sure?"

"Why would I lie? I wanted to keep an eye on your family so I went along. I never took my eyes off them, so I know it wasn't Tong who took you away. And they were the only ones who knew where I was going, so they  couldn't have been part of the plan. Someone was trying to set a trap."

Finally, Gulf understood the situation. "I can't believe it..." The person had seemed exactly like Tong.

"If a high-ranking demon put a spell on him, even his mannerisms and voice would be the same. He'd be Tong, inside and out."

"So it wasn't really P'Tong."

"If it had been, do you really think he would have left you in such a place? This is close to the beasts territory. It's too dangerous for a powerless incubus."

"He said they were came to this part of the forest. And if I wore the cloth then they wouldn't find me."

"He brought you here exactly so they would find you. This cloth will make you invisible, but it won't hide your scent. And I'm sure you smell delicious to the beasts. And whoever was behind this make a bunch of dummies that looked like you. To stall me, so I'd be chasing them while you got eaten to death."

'That's terrible!"

"I told you to be careful of other incubi. They'll trap you and try to kill you."

No one had ever tried to kill him before, so it was hard for Gulf to grasp.

TBC