🌞Chapter 8🌻

🌞🌻

"Listen. What you have to be careful of from now on is incubi." Mew said.

"Huh? But I thought that's what I was."

"Yeah, that's right."

"Then they'd be just like me. So why should I be careful of them? Don't you think that sounds weird?"

"No, not at all. In this world, there is a rule that the only creature who can kill an incubus is a fellow incubus. They are very attractive to other magical creatures here. Everyone adores and wants to protect them. So that's why they wouldn't even think about killing you. But a powerless incubus could kill you with one hand."

"Incubi don't have any power?"

"Yes. It's in exchange for having the ability to enchant others. The sex appeal of an incubus can overcome even the most powerful magical creature of this world."

"Sex appeal?" Gulf blinked. Even though he was eighteen, he still didn't really understand the concept. He was a late bloomer and it made him feel uneasy.

He had tried to look at adult magazines and had borrowed porn from friends, but for some reason they never had any effect on him. That's why he was doubtful when Mew told him he had sex appeal. But he couldn't exactly tell him that, so instead he just said, "I...don't have any sex appeal."

"Right now, you don't. That's because your power as an incubus is still sealed."

"Sealed?"

"Since you were in the human world, your power had to be sealed so you didn't cause trouble for humans. Your father did it so you wouldn't be a danger to yourself or others. He probably sealed you when you were still a baby." Mew suddenly stopped talking and fixed his gaze on Gulf's chest. "I have a feeling the source of the seal is this." He pulled a delicate golden chain from beneath Gulf's shirt. A green jewel glittered at the end of the necklace. "At any rate, it looks like this jewel's power is almost exhausted," Mew murmured. Suddenly a sound came from his fingers. The green stone had been destroyed.

"No!" Gulf was so shocked he couldn't even move.

That jewel was the only memento he had from his mother.

She had died giving birth to him, so he had no memory of her. They had left behind all her other things when they moved to their current house, so the jewel had been even more precious to him. And Mew had destroyed it.

TBC