1

Alexis

(Alexis in mm)

"Alexis!" I hear my mother screaming my name.

"Yea?" I yell back.

"Come here."

I sigh and get up from the bed. I walk to the bathroom in the hall and wash my face and brush my teeth. After I do that I walk downstairs and my mother was sitting on the couch.

"Hi mama's baby." I cooed to my daughter, Gabriella. She's one years old. I'm 17 years old, almost 18.

She smiled. "Mama." She said reaching for me. I picked her up and kissed her cheek.

"You know school starts in two weeks for you." My mother said. I'll be a senior. My last year of high school.

"Yes I know."

"So you need to make sure everything is straight at the daycare."

"I will do that a week before school starts."

"You need to be on it, don't wait until last minute."

"I know ma. You working today?" I asked her.

"Yea, I'm going in at 9 tonight get off at 9 the next morning then back again at 3."

"I got to be at work at 1 so can you watch her." I looked down at her and she's laying her head on my chest with her hand in her mouth.

"Yea, I'll watch her."

"Thanks ma."

I carry Gabriella up to the bathroom so I can wash her and get her dressed. I got her dressed in her gray leggings, a white shirt with a design on the front, and her white sandals. I sit her on my lap while she played with her little toy. I did her in ponytails. She did not sit still. She kept moving around and cried.

"Aww I'm sorry baby." I wiped her face and kissed her cheeks.

"No." She said putting her tiny hands against me moving me back.

"I said I'm sorry." She shook her head and tried to climb down. "Be that way then."

I put her down and she walk towards the door. She points outside.

"Ma get your granddaughter, she being mean." I called.

"Come on Gabriella." She picked her up and left out. Now it was time for me to get ready.