16

Alexis

"Baby."

"Yes Arthur?" I was trying to do my homework but he would not leave me alone. He kept talking to me and distracting me.

"You want to hear a joke?" He ask me. Gabriella sat happily on his lap doing her own thing. She was over there babbling on about who knows. Some words she says but others she didn't get yet.

"Sure, what's the joke baby?" I said doing some math problems.

"Why don't they play poker in the jungle?"

I felt like this joke was about to be dumb. "I don't know. Tell me."

"They are too many cheetahs." He says and he starts dying laughing. Gabriella starts laughing too like she understood the joke.

"You're a clown Arthur." I shake my head and continue my work.

"You're a hater. Ain't she fat fat?"

"Yes." She says excitedly and starts clapping her hands.

"I'm not hating off of that corny joke."

"Tell a better one then since mine was so corny."

"Hold on." I finish the last of my problem and put my books away. "Why did the stadium get hot after the game?"

"Why?"

"All of the fans left." I start laughing because that was actually funny.

"No." Gabriella says with a straight face.

I stopped laughing and look at her. "Gabriella you're supposed to laugh at mommy's jokes."

She wrapped her arms around Arthur.

"Daddy fun." She says in her cute baby voice. Arthur bust out laughing.

"I hate y'all so much." I get up and walk into the bathroom to get some tissue.

"We love you too baby. Ain't that right fat fat?" I hear Arthur as I fixed my hair. I brushed it and put it in a bun.

"Yes. Luhyou."

"I love you so much more." I told Gabriella giving her a kiss. She's really my world, no one understands.

I picked her up and walked out the room. I walked downstairs and into Arthur's kitchen.

"You making me something?" I hear him. I turn around and he's sitting on the couch with the remote in his hand.

"Chicken salad sandwich for lunch." I said taking out the chicken salad from the fridge.

"No." He said. I rolled my eyes. He sound just like Gabriella.

"Yes daddy." I put Gabriella down and she walks to where Arthur is.

After making our food I take our plates in the living room. I sat them down on the table.

"Gabriella you want to eat?" She comes over and takes a piece of her sandwich.

"Thanks babe."

"Your welcome."

There's a knock on the door. Arthur gets up to get it while I start to eat. He comes into the living room with his homeboys from his mother house O and Dee.

"I'll be back." Arthur says and jogs up the steps.

O and Dee take a seat on the couch putting their attention on the TV. I don't say anything.

"Here." Gabriella says trying to give me some of her sandwich.

"I have my own, you eat yours."

"Hi." She says waving to O and Dee. I look at them and their looking at me.

"Hi cutie." O says.

"Her name's Gabriella." I said since I didn't think they knew her name.

"I know I said some shit to you at Fatz mother's house-" Dee started to say.

"My name!" Gabriella says excitedly while jumping up and down.

"Gabriella calm down."

She laughs and falls down to the floor like she passed out. I laugh at her, she is something else. O and Dee laugh at her.

"But like I was saying, I apologize for the things I said. What Fatz do ain't none of my business so imma just stay out of it."

"What you say to her?" I look and Fatz was now in the room. I didn't even hear him come down.

"Nothing important." I said looking at him. He looked at me strangely like he didn't believe me. I didn't want to cause any problems at all.

"I got to run somewhere right quick so I'll be back. Y'all ready?" They nod and make their way to the door. I know it probably has something to do with the streets.

"Daddy leave?" Gabriella got up.

"Yea I'll be back though fat fat." He picked her up and gave her a kiss for her to return it. He put her down and walked over to me. "You going to tell me what he really said to you?"

"He didn't say anything important. Don't worry about it."

"I'll find out."

"Ok." I looked up at him.

He leaned down and gave me a kiss that made me want more. Arthur turns me on just by the simplest things. I wrapped my arms around his neck bringing him closer. I ran my fingers through his well kept dreads.

"I'll be back later."

"I love you and be safe." I told him looking in his eyes. He smiled showing his white straight teeth.

"I love you too and I'm always safe." He gave me one last kiss before he made his way out the door.

Is this really what it's going to be like?

-----

I'm thinking about updating again later