13

Fatz

We were leaving now and Alexis just didn't seem the same.

"Lexis. Baby. What's wrong with you?" Usually she's smiling and laughing at the stupid jokes she says, but instead she's quiet.

I just pulled up to her house but I didn't want her to leave without knowing what's wrong. If I did something I need to know.

"I can't do this anymore Arthur." She looked at me.

"What you mean?"

"I need a break. Too much is happening and we haven't even been together that long."

"Why?"

"Why didn't you tell me you sell drugs? You're putting my daughter in danger and you know how much I care about her."

"I care about her too! I wouldn't put her in danger purposely. I love her like she's my own. I didn't tell you because I didn't want you thinking of me differently. I didn't want you doing what you're doing now." I can't lose her. She wiped her face.

"I just need a break right now. I need some time to process everything."

"Alexis. I can't lose you." I told her.

"You're not. I just need time Arthur." She leaned over and kissed my cheek before getting out.

Alexis

I stared down at my phone like I was anticipating Arthur's phone call. A week I haven't really talked to him. He still comes and get me and stuff but besides that we don't talk. We just sit in the car after greeting each other. I hate it. I could reach out to him first but I was the one who said I needed a break and I wasn't sure if I wanted to talk to him yet.

I let out a sigh, I was really over thinking it. I want him to call me but I'm not sure if I'm ready to talk to him. That's the dumbest thing I have ever thought. I wasn't making sense right now.

"Girl you ok? You look like you in deep thought." Kayla said looking at me.

"Yea girl I'm fine. Just thinking." I told her putting my phone up.

"What's up with that Nia chick?" Kayla asked me.

I turned around and looked in the direction she was looking at. Nia was looking at me with a mug.

I shrugged. "I don't know. She must have a problem with me."

"Y'all beefing?"

"She beefing with herself. I'm Ray Charles to the bull shit. I don't fuss with these young minded girls."

"Girl I'm with you on that, but she need to watch them eyes because I'm not with all that mugging stuff." Kayla rolled her eyes and directed her attention to me.

"Don't pay her no mind. People like her crave attention."

"She coming over here."

"Hey Alexis." Nia said and took a seat next to me. "So I see you didn't take my advice about Fatz."

"What you want?" I said in annoyance.

"I'm just saying messing with someone else's man will get you in a lot of trouble. I mean why mess with him if he really belong to me?"

She was delusional. "Clearly something is wrong in that mind of yours. He's yours but I'm the one that's getting in and out of his car. He's yours but I'm the one that falls asleep on the phone with him late at night. So tell me how's that possible? So I'm just going to dismiss you because I don't want to get out of my class, class that you don't nor will ever have." I said turning my attention away from her.

"So Kayla what you was saying?" I asked dismissing this whole pointless talk with Nia.

Nia got up and stormed off.

Kayla laughed. "And you say nothing going on between y'all. I don't believe it."

"That's my boo." I shrugged.

I didn't have time for these petty ass girls. Just get the fact that he doesn't want you or will he ever. If he wanted you he wouldn't be with me. Arthur is mine. He's mine when we're on good terms and he's mine when we're on bad terms.