23

Alexis

"Alexis. You good over there?"

I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at Austin who sat across from me.

"What you say?"

"I said did I do this problem correct?"

I took his paper and looked at it.

"Um, no. You forgot to get the GCF before you factored it into a binomial."

"This shit is complicated."

"You'll get it soon enough, don't stress yourself out or don't over think it."

"Thanks. You good though?"

"Yea, why you ask that?"

"I was trying to get your attention just now and it seemed like you was in your own little world."

I sighed. "I'm just having problems in my relationship right now."

"Want to talk about it?"

"He told me he almost cheated. He said he was close but he pushed her off. This happened after an argument but he waited a week to tell me. I don't know what to do."

I needed someone to talk to about this and since Austin is a guy maybe he could help.

"The first question is do you believe him?"

"I do, but I feel like the next time we have an argument then he's just going to cheat."

"I'm just going to say, you can't be in a relationship if there's no trust. It doesn't work out."

"I trust him though."

"So you can't think about the what ifs, you can only think about what he told you. Thinking about the what ifs can hurt your relationship especially if it never happens then you're the one who messed it up."

"You're right I guess. I'm just trying to protect myself from getting hurt."

"If you never get hurt then how could you learn." He said looking at me.

"Thanks Austin." He smiled at me and I smiled back.

"Anytime."

I could tell we were going to have a good friendship.

---------

"It took me forever to find you."

"What do you want with me?"

"You know Alexis right?"

"Yea, what about her?"

"She has your daughter and I figured you would want to meet her."

"Alexis don't want me around her daughter. She told me."

"That's your daughter too, am I right?"

"Yea, but-"

"No buts, just go make things right with her and maybe y'all can get back together. After all the child needs both parents in their life right?"

I'm going to be in my daughter's life.