29

Alexis

"That's your new car?" Alexis asked me as we sat in first period. We had no work because school was almost over for the seniors and I couldn't be any more happier.

"Yea, my boyfriend got for me. He said think of it as an early graduation present."

"Damn I need me a boyfriend like him, he got any friends?"

"Yea but they all rude as hell. I don't think you would want any of them."

I looked down at my vibrating phone seeing Montez calling me for the fifth time.

Me: stop call my phone

I texted him.

Unknown#: I just want to talk to you

Me: about what? There's nothing to talk about. Fuck you!

Unknown#: just talk and I'll leave you alone for good

Me: ok, meet me at the restaurant near the shopping center by 4

I put my phone away. Something tells me this won't end good but if he saying he'll leave me alone for good then it's worth taking a chance.

I got out of school and made my way to pick up Gabriella from daycare. After getting her inside I took her home so my mother can watch her for a hour or two.

"Can you watch her for like two hours?"

"Yea. Where you going?"

"I'm meeting up with Montez. I'm listening to what he has to say then I'm done dealing with him."

"If you think that's the right decision then go ahead."

"Ard, thanks for watching her."

I grabbed my keys and left out. I got inside my car and drove in the direction of the place. After 45 minutes of driving I finally pulled up. I got out and noticed he was waiting outside smoking.

"Since when did you start smoking?" I scrunched my face up as I watched him put out the cigarette.

"Since I was told to stay out of my daughters life." He shrugged going inside. I sighed and followed behind him.

We were seated and he placed his order while I just got something to drink.

"So what do you have to say so bad?" I asked looking at my phone noticing Arthur was calling me.

I muted the phone and placed it on the table. I'll call him back when I'm done here.

"Why can't I see my daughter?"

"Because you want to keep popping in and out of her life Montez. You can't do shit like that. Then you come back demanding stuff and acting like you father of the year. No it don't work like that."

"So we really done?" He reached across the table and grabbed my hand.

I rolled my eyes shoving his hand off of me.

"We have nothing to do with what you just asked me. Stop fucking wasting my time."

"I still love you. I never stopped, when I was gone I always thought about you."

I was ready to go. This conversation just did a 360.

"Montez I don't love you like that anymore. We are over, we not getting back together."

"We can be together and raise Gabriella together. It should have always been like that."

"Its not happening."

"So this what you was doing?" I looked up and Arthur stood there with a mug on his face.

"It's not-"

"My bad homie, I took your girl out on a date."

"Shut the fuck up Montez." I look at him and he was holding a smirk on his face.

"It's cool. She ain't my girl." Arthur said and turned around to walk away.

I grabbed my stuff so I can follow him.

"I'm going to get my daughter and you any way I can." I heard Montez say behind me.

I didn't care to respond, I needed to talk to Arthur.

"Arthur wait." I stopped him before he could open his car door.

"Get off me Alexis."

"Can you just let me explain."

"You was ignoring my fucking calls because you was having dinner with that nigga. Nah fuck that and you."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"I'm not about to be looking stupid for nobody. We done Alexis."

My heart dropped. "Foreal?" I felt my eyes become glossy.

"Yea, I'll hit you up later when I want fat fat." He opened up his door and got in.

I stood there not believing what just happened. I backed up and walked towards my car. As soon as I reached the door he pulled off. I mess everything up.

Fatz

"What happened?" O asked me.

"I broke up with her. She got too much shit going on and being sneaky I ain't with that." I said driving to the trap.

"You didn't even let her explain."

"I saw with my own eyes. She don't have to explain shit. I'm not about to be looking dumb for her. Fuck no."

That really just pissed me off. Don't ignore my calls and then you having dinner with your ex. Who does shit like that.

After dropping O off I made my way to my mother house. Alexis was blowing my phone up but I ignored it.

"Ma, where you at?" I called walking into her house and shutting the door behind me.

"In the living room."

I walked in there and she was sitting on the couch watching tv.

"Hey son, haven't seen you in a while."

"I know I just been busy." I said sitting next to her.

"What's been going on? You look upset?"

"Gabriella's father came into the picture not to long ago and shit just been crazy."

"Oh he really came." She said more to herself than me.

"What you mean?" I look at her sideways.

"Huh?"

"You said he really came. What you mean by that?"

"Don't be mad Arthur but I found him because he deserves to be in his daughter life and you shouldn't have to father someone else's child."

I stood up and looked at her in disbelief.

"How can you do some shit like that. He was never worried about being a father. That's my daughter not his. I don't give a fuck if I didn't get Alexis pregnant but I love them."

"You can always find someone else."

"That's not the point. I don't want no one else because I'm happy with them."

I left out her house and got inside my car. I can't believe my mother would really do some crazy as shit like that.