3

Alexis

(Fatz in mm)

"What's the matter Gabriella." She was crying her eyes out. "You got to calm down." I rub her back as the tears continue to go down her face.

I pick her up and walk down to the kitchen. I get her cup and pour her some milk. I give it to her and she takes it. She put it in her mouth and laid her head back down.

"All that for milk?" I asked her walking into the living room and taking a seat.

She takes the cup out and look at me and starts talking. Some words I can't even make out.

"Yea I know, that's real crazy." I responded to her. She continues to talk and tries to get down. I put her down and she leans on the couch hitting it with her hand. "You are too much." I laugh at her and she laughs back.

"Mom-mommy."

"Yea mommy." I smile at her and lay back on the couch. I need a nap before I go in to work again today.

The front door open and closes. I look and it's my mother.

"Ma can you watch her real quick I'm about to go to the store."

"Yea I got her. Don't take long."

"Ten minutes the most,  not even that long."

I get up and jog up the steps. I slip on my black sandals and grab five dollars with my phone. I put it in my pocket as I go downstairs. I leave out and make my way to the store.

I get to the store and go to the section that has candy.

"Nah G, cause you playing. You know I don't fucking play about my money." I hear a deep voice but I just pick up my star burst and go to the juice aisle. I get me a Twister and go to the chips so I can get me some ruffles and corn curls.

"Alexis?" I turn around and it's Fatz from the mall.

"Um hey. Fatz right?"

"Yea that's me. Is there going be anytime I see you with a smile on ya face?" 

I giggle. "You might but I don't think you'll see me that much to find out."

"I can arrange for something to happen, I don't mind seeing you."

"You don't want deal with me Fatz, save yourself some time." I turn and walk away but he quickly grabs my arm to stop me. I turn back around and he let's go.

"How you know what I want to do? Alexis you can't make them decisions for me."

"Well when I tell you this one thing you'll change your mind, I'm not trying waste my time or yours."

"What is this one thing you think going to turn me away?"

"I have a daughter." I say and his whole face change.

Just like every other male who approaches me trying to spit game. I tell them that and they run. If they can't accept me having a daughter then we having nothing to discuss at all. I turn around to walk away but again he grabs my arm.

"Hol' on beautiful, I didn't even get a chance to respond."

"You just like everyone else. You gave the same face. I already know."

"That was a face of surprise. I'm not like everyone else, that's where your wrong. So you going give me your number?"

"I don't know-"

"I'm still standing here, your daughter not affecting me wanting to get to know you. Maybe one day I can meet her but I'm not rushing all that yet."

"You can have my number."

I hope I'm not making the wrong choice.