9

Alexis

"Arthur stop. You play too much." I said pushing him off of me. His big self was laying right on top of me.

"Nah, you ain't give me a kiss."

"Because I don't want to." I said trying to push him off.

We've been talking for three months now. Honestly I didn't think it would last this long.

"Then I'm not getting up."

"Gabriella you not going to help mommy." She was just sitting there eating a cookie while watching tv.

"Nah Fats don't help her." Arthur said. That was the nickname he gave her. Why he picked that I don't know.

"Mama." She crawled over and literally sat on me.

"Fats you going to suffocate your mother." He laughs and get her off me. He moved Gabriella and held her in his lap.

"Dada." She said touching all over his face.

"Gabriella." I said sitting up.

"Yea Fats, what you need." She placed her fingers next to his mouth and he act like he was biting it making her laugh.

"Arthur I'm sorry, she doesn't know."

"Its fine. I've grown attached to this adorable little girl." He said acting like he was biting her but he was really just kissing her.

"I can tell she's grown attached to you too." I said watching them interact. He's been in her life these past few months since we've been talking.

"What's wrong with you?"

"Nothing."

"Yes it is, why you look like that?"

"She's attached to you, and I am too. I don't want you just up and leaving." I said looking at him.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me to him. He wrapped his arm around me and kissed my cheek.

"I'm not leaving, I'm attached to you and Gabriella, Alexis. I can't just up and leave. I know you don't want to rush anything between us but I really want a relationship with you."

"I don't want to rush because rushed things never work out."

"I know but I'm just letting you know we're going to be in a relationship sooner than later."

We were at his house and it was Friday. I came here after I got out of school.

"Ok." I gave him a kiss and tried to grab Gabriella from him but she wanted to stay with him. "Fine, be that way."

I laid down on his bed and looked at the tv. He came behind me and sat Gabriella down.

"Why your mother so mad?" He laughed in my ear.

"Shut up, I'm not mad." Gabriella crawled on top of me and tried to stand up. "Gabriella you play all day." She fell down and laughed.

"Mama."

"Grab her real quick Arthur." I felt him pick her up. I turned around and grabbed a diaper out her bag. "Time to get changed."

I went to the bathroom and changed her diaper. I washed my hands and let her walk back to the room.

"Dada." She said smiling walking into the room.

"Fat mama." He picked her up and pretended to throw her in the air, her laughter filled the room.

"You staying the night?" Arthur asked me.

"No we are going home. We don't have clothes or anything."

"When you get off tomorrow I want to take y'all out so go home and get dressed." He told me.

"Ok." I laid on the bed. Arthur laid back and Gabriella laid down on him and yawned.

"She sleepy." I said about to grab her.

"I got her." He said rubbing her back. Her eyes was slowly closing.

I took my phone out and tried to take a picture of us. Arthur laid his head on my shoulder and closed his eyes like he was sleeping. I took it and posted it with this caption, the best feeling knowing that there's people around you that constantly puts a smile on your face

I needed to take a nap while Gabriella was taking hers.