- Intermission -

"Izuku Midoriya..."

His name echoed through my head, trying to fit somewhere in my memories, but had no place.

Something about him felt so familiar, yet I had no answers as to why.

"Who are you?..."

...

"Dollface?..."

...

There wasn't a single moment during my time at that hell school where I could remember seeing that broccoli-headed kid.

"There is no way a guy like that is from my old class..."

"Hey... Dollface..."

"Surely I'd remember someone like that..."

"DOLLFACE!"

The unremembered boy's image dissipated, replacing itself with Dabi's face as he kept yelling me back to reality.

"Oh crap! Oh no?! I -uh... What?!

My heart pounded against my chest, adrenaline flowing through me, trying to alert me of any possible danger.

"What's happening?! What's going on?!"

While I panicked from the abrupt conscious awakening, Dabi pulled his hand down his face in annoyance.

"Will you calm down already... The festival is on break at the moment... and the others are... uh..."

...

I waited for him to continue, but he soon gave up on finding the words. Instead, he just pointed to the other end of the room where Kurogiri and Shigaraki were.

A smoky haze began wrapping around Shigaraki as he screamed and flailed like a tantrum-driven toddler. Even though I couldn't see his face, his eyes held a manic look as he tried escaping Kurogiri's binding move.

"That... is definitely difficult to put into words..."

The scene was so weirdly captivating, both of us just quietly leaned back into the couch, watching Shigaraki struggle.

...

After a while, the scene became tiresome. There's only so much time one can enjoy another's torture. In fact, it became so dull, Dabi would sooner strike up another conversation than sit in silence watching.

"So... uh... Why the hell did you just zone out, Dollface?"

...

 My fingers began scratching at my chin as I wondered the same thing.

"That guy... the one that won the race... He's supposed to have been in my old class... but I don't remember him at all..."

Dabi shrugged his shoulders, pulling his arm away and placing both hands behind his head.

"Huh... Is that it?"

My eyebrow arched at his disinterest.

"What do you mean, is that it?"

"So you don't remember an old classmate... Who cares..."

...

"But..."

"But, what?" He interrupted.

"Do you expect me to believe that you remember every single one of your classmates? Every face, name, and detail about them?"

...

"Well... I mean... I guess he's sort of right..."

...