Izuku's House Pt. 1

With hands still together, Izuku and I walked alongside a residential apartment area. Nothing seemed special about them, but what did catch my eye was the park across the street.

Compared to the one I grew up in, it was puny with having only a couple of swings surrounded by scattered greenery. Though as pathetic as it looked, it still managed to distract me as Izuku halted his steps and pulled my hand.

"Whoa... what's happening?"

He awkwardly scratched his neck, shyly gazing at the buildings I tried walking past.

"I uh... I actually live here... I know... it doesn't look like much..."

I squeezed his hand, giving a gentle smile.

"I wouldn't care if you lived in a shack. I'm just grateful for the invite."

A slight blush dusted his cheeks as he turned his face away.

"Th-thanks, Y/n..."

...

As he kept staring off into the distance, I began scanning the neighbourhood for a secluded area.

"Hmm..."

...

"Oh."

"That looks perfect."

I quickly let go of Izuku's hand and jogged towards a nice patch of bushes.

"I'll be right back!"

After maneuvering into the shrubs, making sure no one could see me, I dug my dinner clothes out from my bag.

While in the middle of getting dressed, hesitant footsteps approached my hiding spot.

"Y/n?... What are you doi-"

"I'm changing. So unless you want to skip some steps in our relationship... you should probably step away."

"Changing? What do you mea- WAIT, WHAT?!... Y-YOU KNOW I-I HAVE A BATHROOM I-IN MY HOUSE! R-RIGHT?!"

"I didn't want to be awkward."

"H-HOW IS TH-THIS BETTER?!"

After another moment, I pushed myself out of the bushes, rolling my eyes at Izuku's ongoing breakdown.

*Sigh*

"Calm down... I'm done."

...

I didn't really have girly outfits since shopping was always at the bottom of my to-do list, so my choice was pretty limited for tonight. Luckily, I managed to find a pair of black leggings, a matching thigh-length skirt, and a f/c sweater with white lines swirling around the fabric.

As his eyes wandered from the ground to my now dressed-up self, his face darkened with each passing moment.

"Y-you... uh..."

But as if finding it too difficult to look at me, his gaze shot back to the dirt. I'd almost be offended if his stiffened stance and panicked breathes didn't make him look so adorable. Though I had no idea what he thought about me... that is until he finally opened his mouth, and through his usual overwhelming nervousness, he managed to spit out a few words.

"Y-you look, v-very l-lovely..."

A light chuckle rang out to the darkening sky as I motioned him over.

"Yes, the dirt looks amazing tonight. Now come on, which apartment is yours?"

Izuku shuffled his feet towards me, taking my hand and guiding us to a tall set of outdoor stairs. As we began climbing to the top floor, Izuku tried the whole compliment thing again.