Something Feels Off

After being declared class rep and sentenced to a year of Iida's torture, I watched Mr. Aizawa stand in front of the class, tired as always.

"Today's training will be a little different."

"Pfft."

"Are we going to be fighting for a small bomb this time?"

"You will have three instructors today. Me, All Might and another faculty member, who will be keeping tabs on you..."

As the number of hero teachers suddenly tripled, I found myself sinking into my chair with annoyance.

"Fan-fucking-tastic..."

"First my keychain... now this bullshit..."

...

As I silently sighed to myself, Sero rose his hand.

"Sir, what kind of training is this?"

"Today's training will be based on rescue. You will be dealing with natural disasters, shipwrecks, and other hazards."

Then just like that, my mood flipped.

"Wait? Seriously?"

"We're doing something worthwhile?..."

"Fucking finally."

"Now, I can really show people how a true hero acts."

...

As I zoned back into class, Mr. Aizawa was already heading towards the door.

"This special training is at an off-campus facility, so we will be taking a bus to get there. That is all. Start getting ready."

The moment he left the class, everyone shot up, grabbed their costume container, and headed towards the change rooms. Students were bumped, shoved and jostled around as everyone else tried getting there as soon as possible.

Amid the chaos, I noticed the absence of my broccoli friend.

"Where the hell did he run off to now?"

I tried looking around nearby halls, yet I couldn't find any sign of Iuzku. How he managed to evade everyone's sights was beyond me, but that didn't slow my search.

It didn't take long until I fell so far behind the class, their chatter no longer echoed the halls, and I was alone once more. That is until Mr. Aizawa popped out of a random room.

"L/n. I need to speak with you."

He motioned me into an empty classroom before closing the door behind us.

"Fuck... This doesn't seem good."

He leaned over the teacher's desk, an annoyed look peeking through his unkempt hair as I awkwardly stood at the entry.

"Uh. What do you need to speak to me about?"

He released a deep sigh before running his hand down the back of his head.

"Since we are training today, you need to be at your peak performance. Recovery Girl provided me with one of her new healing sweets and wanted me to give it to you."

He then reached into his pocket and pulled out a single wrapped gummy.

"This way, you can take your final healing session on the road, but just know... it's still in the experimental stage. You'll feel some drowsiness and other minor side effects, but otherwise, it's fine."