- Old Classmates- Sports Festival Part 1

"LET ME HEAR YOU SCREAM AS OUR COMPETITORS HEAD TO THE BIG STAGE!"

Even though it was just coming through the television, the yelling made everyone wince in pain. While I clasped my hands over my ears, an instinctual fire crackled around Dabi as he screamed towards Shigaraki.

"DAMN IT, YOU WRINKLY BASTARD! TURN IT DOWN!"

With Dabi adding to the commotion, Shigaraki almost dropped the remote, trying to do so. Luckily he managed to lower the volume before everyone got permanent ear damage.

...

"Holy crap...That was close..."

My hands shakily lowered from my ears as if still prepared for more danger. While Shigaraki and I slowly sank back into our own couches again, Dabi was busy swearing to himself to calm down.

I then looked over the couch to where Kurogiri was in the kitchen. His hand rested on his chest as he took a few deep breaths to relax.

"I don't think I could ever imagine that guy snapping at anyone..."

...

"I don't think I'd ever want to..."

After a few moments, Kurogiri then went back to cleaning as if nothing had happened. That's when I turned back to the screen to continue watching with the other guys.

The first-year students made their way onto the field, but something struck me as odd when my old class had the spotlight. While others were determined and excited to compete, they seemed distracted.

I didn't recognize a couple of them, but then again, I didn't pay much attention to anyone these last couple of weeks.

Most of their heads hung gently down, eyes cast onto the ground as if they didn't want to be there. 

It turns out I wasn't the only one that noticed. 

Dabi turned his head, barking at me for attention.

"Oi! Dollface! Why the hell do they look so damn gloomy?" 

I shrugged my shoulders, not able to give him an answer.

"Huh... Why are they so gloomy?..."

...

"My old classmates, the ones that bullied, tormented, and beat me..."

"Why the heck do they look like how I used to?..." 

It was as if most of them were barely hanging onto the thinnest strand of hope. As confusing as it was, it was equally enjoyable to see their despaired looks.

"Whatever happened... you all deserve it."

I knew my thoughts were horrible, but none of them gave me the time of day, let alone any grace, so I didn't think I needed to as well.

"Unlike your situation, you don't deserve my thoughts and pity."

...

While I felt myself rise above my old acquaintances, I heard Kurogiri making his way towards the living room, but more specifically, towards Dabi. He stood beside the head of the couch, arms crossed as he looked down towards the firey hot head.

"I hope you enjoyed your spot because I require you to move now, please."

Dabi rolled his eyes, ignoring the polite request. 

A breathy sigh came out from Kurogiri as he fixed the cuffs to his sleeves.

"If that's how you want to play it..."