What Did You Do?

Darkness.

Everywhere I looked, a black abyss stared back.

"Am I dead?"

I tried to say something, anything, but no words came out. 

I couldn't see my body or hear anything other than my thoughts. It was as if my physical body was gone, and my consciousness just floated around in some kind of pitch-black purgatory space.

"Did I seriously die?"

...

"Well... it wasn't the worse way to go out, at least..."

"I saved Izuku... so there's that..."

..

Moments passed as I gazed off into never-ending darkness, and no matter how much I tried reassuring myself, none of it stuck.

"Okay, fuck that shit."

"I cannot be fucking dead yet!"

"I mean... I haven't avenged my family or fixed this shitty broken society!"

"I've barely even done anything with my life!"

...

*Sigh*

"That's a lie..."

I knew that in this abyssal afterlife, there wasn't a reason to hide anything anymore. No one would be watching or listening, and I finally had the freedom to think honestly.

"Okay... sure, I didn't do a lot..."

"But I learned so many things."

"Even though I was young, it didn't stop me from earning real-life skills and helping those in need..."

"I worked hard and achieved so much in knowledge and training."

"I can't say that didn't matter... because it did..."

"It meant so much to me."

...

"And so did those in my life."

Images of Pancakes then flashed in my memory. I could almost see her bouncing towards me, begging for affection.

*Sigh*

"You absolute annoying, attention-seeking, gluttonous, fat piece of shit..."

But regardless of how much she's pissed me off in the past... All I wanted right then was to hold her against my chest.

...

"I'll miss you..."

As her image faded, I thought back to those times she'd lay beside me, curled into a ball as we both doze of after a long day.

I knew if this was really my end, that I'd never experience it again. And even though I had to carry that burdening thought, with it came the truth about my life.

"It hasn't been that bad."

"Especially these last few days..."

"They've been the most interesting and worthwhile ones I've had in such a long time."

"I got to go to school, hang out with people my age, show off my quirk, and..."

...