Izuku's House Pt. 2

As Izuku's mother ran around the apartment, trying to get everything organized, he and I remained frozen in our horrifically awkward moment in time.

Once we heard the news that we'd be spending the night together, neither of us knew what to do. Our feet simply stuck to the floor, not able to move as our fixated gaze fell deeper and deeper into each other's eyes.

Usually, I could analyze a situation and act accordingly, but with Izuku...

Logic was out the window.

My hands become clammy, each breath irregular as adrenaline pumped through my veins, keeping me alert during a situation I very much didn't want to be inside. I couldn't even collect my thoughts as they bounced back and forth between what we were supposed to do, could do and definitely should not do.

...

After what felt like an eternity, Mrs. Midoirya shoved piles and piles of items into my arms, suddenly waking me from the nightmare.

"What the?"

I looked down, finding not only a pair of pyjamas but also slippers, towels and bathroom products to freshen up with.

"There. Now you should be all set for the night, L/n. Your bed is all made up and if you need anything else, just give me a holler."

With that, Mrs. Midoriya went towards her bedroom, leaving Izuku and me alone in the living room once more.

...

"Come on, Y/n..."

"Say something..."

"Anything..."

Eventually, I managed to break the silence, my voice cracking in the process.

"Can... I see your room?"

Izuku's arms tightened against his sides before stiffly heading down the hall.

"I'll take that as a yes..."

I walked after him, my steps louder than usual as he led me towards a closed door. But even if he didn't guide me, it wouldn't have been difficult to find. After all, there was a sign with his name on it - one decorated as All Might's hair.

"Oh, dear god."

"I hope there isn't a bunch of hero shit in his room..."

Izuku then nervously scratched his arm, his voice reaching no louder than a whisper.

"B-before we g-go... I w-want t-to a-apologize f-for h-how my r-room looks."

"Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck."

As he slowly opened the door, my worst nightmare unfolded before me.

Figurines, posters, curtains, rugs, bedspreads, and pretty much every other type of All Might merchandise filled his room along with his well-known colours, gold, red, and blue.

"FUCK."

"Are you even able to sleep in a room like that?"

"Piss off."

"I'm not chatting with you."

"Just imagine. The man who murdered your family, keeping a watchful eye over you."

"After that fucking stunt you pulled at dinner!..."

"I won't listen to you!"

I tried ignoring the voice, but even in silence, remained a strong presence.