The Choice

- - Second Person POV - -

It had been a long night of restless sleep and staring at the ceiling. If there was a wink of sleep to catch, you definitely didn't get it.

You spent the whole night going over what Izuku had told you. Up until morning, you questioned every thought you've ever had. 

All because of a smile.

One daring to test your beliefs and presented an idea of a life lived with false ideals.

You found it difficult to accept the fact that this wasn't what you were supposed to do.

Who could blame you?

You spend years and years desperately wanting to fix a broken world...

And thinking that you became a disappointment to your family was heart-shattering.

...

That sweet little child, bubbling with happiness, now an expressionless woman that the world double-takes at when she smiles.

After hours and hours of dealing with this existential crisis, an idea popped into your head.

A choice.

A simple one to make... That would put an end to this torture.

One that would change everything.

But you needed time to make it.

It could take years... decades... or maybe just hours.

You didn't know.

And you especially didn't know about the second change to come.

But that one...

You have no way to control.

- - Y/n's Pov - -

The sun, not even risen over the horizon, lit up the morning sky in a golden blaze as I trudged along to school. 

It was much earlier than I usually headed out, and I blamed that on Bakugou. After all, it was his fault I needed to go to the nurse before class. 

I still had two more healing sessions left until back to normal, and of course, it meant leaving at the fucking crack of dawn. So with my bag in one hand and the support pillow in the other, I went about my horribly fatigued adventure with my own indecisive thoughts plaguing my mind.

But, what I thought would a torturous thought-provoking walk, soon took a turn when I noticed a familiar broccoli boy jogging towards me.

"What the hell?"

"H-hey Y/n!"

The boy then slowed to a casual pace before joining my route. 

"Izuku? What are you doing here?" 

He then scratched his neck, trying to avoid eye contact.

"O-oh well, I figured s-since we both n-need to see R-Recovery Girl, I m-might as w-well walk w-with you."

I could tell he was a lot more nervous than usual, and I pinned it on all the sappy shit he said last night. Though, I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel different either. 

With my focus out of rhythm, strange expressions and behaviours were leaking out.

And to prove it... a smirked suddenly inched across my face.

"You know... If you wanted to hang out with me, you could have just asked."

Izuku then waved around his good arm, trying to hide his blushing.