A Deal's a Deal

Bakugou and I remained seated on the edge of the school's field. A silence fell around us as he laid down on the grass, hands behind his head.

The gloomy expression that previously plagued him had since moulded into surrendered calm. As he stared into the clear sky, reluctant to say anything, a quiet chuckle escaped my lips.

"So... Are you just going to lay there, delaying the inevitable?... Or actually talk?"

He tsked his head away, but I could still see the edge of his annoyed eye roll.

"Shut up, Windy... I'm thinking..."

"This new behaviour."

"It feels so surreal."

"But it seems like I'm on the right track to get him talking."

"I just need to help him get started."

"Well... A hero's motive usually starts from childhood. So when did you get your quirk?"

Bakugou let out a sigh, relaxing his face as if agreeing to start there. But a slight hesitance still lingered in his breaths, and so to help him open up while also hurrying the conversation... I decided to lay on the grass as well.

"Is this actually going to work?"

It actually did. 

Almost like magic, Bakugou started talking.

"Like most kids... I was four when I developed my quirk. I was the first kid in my class to get it..."

He lifted his hands above his face, chuckling at the memories.

"At the time, I could only make little sparks, but my quirk was still a lot cooler than the rest of the class... The other students admired my power, and the teachers kept telling me how amazing I was."

"No fucking wonder he has a big ego..."

"So... you've been practically praised your whole life?"

"Yeah... I have been," he sighed.

His voice had turned deep and soft, with not a single hint of anger or gloom. With the story slowly revealing his truths, I could finally see and hear his true self for the first time.

Although, as fascinating as it was, my friendly behaviour soon grew awkward. I've put on many ruses before, but for some reason, this one was difficult.

And as another silence swept over us, I couldn't stand it anymore.

My elbow shot out, playfully jabbing him in the shoulder.

"Then, why has The Great and Powerful Bakugou been so angry?"

He snapped his gaze towards me, flinging my arm away.

"Oi, don't tease me!"

"Sorry, your majesty..."

"Fuck off!... It's all because of that damn nerd!"

"I assume he is speaking of Zuku."

"I was praised by everyone... including him. Yet, he kept looking at me like we were equals. He kept asking if I needed his help. I fucking hated it!"

Bakugou slammed his fist onto the ground while narrowing his eyes to the sky.

"Wow..."

I had seen him angry before. But nothing like this. 

Before it was always petty rage and empty threats. Now... this was real.

This was Bakugou's genuine anger. And as he kept glaring aggressively towards the cloudless sky, he further vented his pent-up emotions.