Inner Demons

"AH, FUCK!"

I waved my hand around in pain, the bacon grease slowly melting the top layer of skin. While quickly shoving my forearm under the kitchen faucet, I poured cold water all over the fresh burn.

"Damn it."

"Fucking great way to start my day..."

Reaching for a clean towelette, I proceeded to wrap my throbbing hand when all of a sudden, a voice startled me.

"If you stopped getting your head stuck in the damn clouds, you wouldn't be in pain."

My body froze, surprised by my enemy's return.

"W-What the fuck?..."

"No..."

"I got rid of you...."

"You honestly think you can get rid of me?... That I will stay silent as you get further sidetracked from your true goal?"

"What the hell are you even talking about?!"

"I'm going to become the truest hero and spread my ideas to the world!"

"Poor girl..."

...

"You really lost your way."

A chill lept down my spine as the voice from inside my head resounded from behind me. Nervously turning around, I found myself face to face with a dark-robed figure. I didn't know who it was, but I didn't care. My body moved into its fighting stance, ready to attack, but the unknown creature held up its hand, signalling me to wait.

Only for curiosities sake did I pause, watching them lift their hood and reveal their identity.

But when they did... my eyes widened in horror.

...

It was me.

...

But not quite.

As my eyes rounded only temporarily, hers seemed stuck in a permanent stare, emitting a scarlet glow. On each side of her mouth, fresh cuts reached towards her ears, making her crazed smirk even more deranged. But even more strange was her sophisticated demonic voice that didn't match the maniacal appearance.

"You have turned away from your true goal."

I glared at my demented doppelganger, fully prepared to throw down with myself.

"I don't know what you're talking about, and frankly, I don't give a shit."

As she tsked her head, her haunting smirk somehow continued to grow.

"Oh, you know I'm right... But, I'm not the one going to prove it..."

Before I could respond, my surroundings changed, and I suddenly found myself plopped down at the head of a dinner table.

"What the fuck?..."

Even though it wasn't my table, it looked familiar. The same went for the windows, the shelves, and even the trinkets on them. But the reason why felt so fuzzy. An answer I couldn't quite place, and while I looked around the room for any clues, a singing voice pulled me from my search.

"Okay, everyone! Breakfast is ready!"

The angelic feminine voice was all it took to make my heart plummet. And while I shakily turned to face the woman, every ounce of my soul filled with fear.