First Encounter

- - Second POV - -

For many students, the day of the entrance exam was one full of stress and worry. 

But that wasn't your case.

No. You had waited and dreamed of this exact day for years. 

There wasn't a drop of nervousness in your blood nor a shred of doubt that you would fail. You had the utmost confidence that today was the day everything would change...

...

And you'd soon find out how right you were.

...

- - Y/n's POV - -

After a final glance at my phone, I knew it was time to leave. 

I headed towards my front door, but the meow of a particular fat creature alerted my attention, which I knew was a mistake. Because once I hesitated in my steps, Pancakes bolted across the living room until flopping in front of the door, demanding a toll of rubs before I could leave.

I narrowed my eyes towards her as a groan of annoyance filled the room.

"Ugh... You attention slut."

As if enjoying that title, Pancakes just continued flaunting her belly, but I wasn't having any of it. So, using my foot, I moved her out of my way to which she got up, stuck her chin out and strolled away like the pampered priss she definitely isn't.

And with that, I did another of my famous eye rolls and proceeded out the now-unblocked door. Luckily for me, the trip didn't take long since everything I needed was only a stroll away.

 So, as I went on my short life-altering path, an idea popped into my head.

"Hmm... I might as well use any extra time I have to warm up... After all... I have no idea what the practical test is."

To follow my idea, I took off my jacket, allowing my skin the room to breathe. I took deep, relaxing inhales and long, slow exhales. After a few rounds of those, I already made it to the gates of the exam building.

...

"God damn."

I stopped in my tracks, taking the sight in before me.

"This is the moment I've been waiting for..."

I knew that just by standing here, all those years of studying, working, and suffering were finally about to pay off. But, I knew this was also my one and only option for a hero school. After all, UA is supposed to be the best hero school in all of Japan, and there was no way in hell that I would settle for less.

"I'm obviously skilled enough to pass... but if something gets in my way to do so..."

"Well..."

"The world isn't ready for what I'd do..."

...

I then took a deep breath, shaking away those negative thoughts as I gazed beyond the gates. The courtyard slowly began filling up as more and more students walked past me, eventually joining up with groups of people, who I could only assume were their friends.

"Huh... Friends..."

That word seemed so bizarre. I mean, after not having anyone in my life since... that day... it makes sense. I've never had a friend before, but it's not like I've been pleading out to the universe for them. I honestly couldn't care less.