An Emotional Rollercoaster

- - Second person POV - -

The night had stretched long, leaving only a couple of hours to rest. Luckily, the school remained closed for another day, giving you time to sleep in and do whatever you wanted. 

But instead of relaxing and taking a well-deserved break, you picked up a shift at work. The idea of a day off didn't exist in your mind. You had to keep working, keep moving, keep thinking, so it's a wonder how after an excruciatingly long and sleep-deprived day, you managed to walk home.

Though, it was different today.

For the first time, there was some pep in your step. Never in your life had you bounced with purpose down the sidewalk.

Strangers that regularly saw you on the streets, as well as your coworkers, could tell something had positively changed. But those that have never seen you before would just assume a bubbly personality or a fantastic day.

But neither was the truth.

No one would have suspected otherwise, though. Not with that grin. The one still plastered across your face since the previous night without wavering once.

Even as you walked down the sidewalk, doing nothing in particular...

It remains.

What was the truth about this novel behaviour?

The oversimplified answer is... 

You're happy.

The person standing in the way of your happiness was finally wilting away. Now, you can focus on your dreams about fixing your society and making the world a better place without distractions.

With All Might out of the way, getting what he deserves, you knew a part of your dream had already come true. And that made you shiver with anticipation as you continued enveloping your blissful dream-life state.

Your body felt lighter, the world was brighter, and for once, you felt like everything was going to be okay.

...

But of course, life isn't that simple.

Problems always arise, and in this case... it was you.

But...

Let's not get too far ahead.

For now, enjoy these peaceful moments and let your emotions take the stage.

It's not like you have a choice.

...

- - Y/n's POV - -

With an enthused slap to my front door, I happily announced my entrance.

"FAT STACK! I'M HOME!"

Pancakes made her way to the living room, waiting for me on the couch as I threw my bag onto the kitchen table and made my way over.

Ever since I brought her home as a stray, she's been begging for a night of attention. So when I actually sat beside her, cuddling up with the news on, she didn't know what to do.

It took her a few moments to realize what was happening before wholeheartedly accepting it. Then, in just mere seconds, she passed out on my lap as I watched a montage of this week's hero work.

This was always one of my favourite hobbies since I could just sit and analyze how they could have done better. Though, this segment turned a lot more interesting when the USJ appeared.