Feelings On The Battlefield

The facility's center had been far further than first anticipated, leaving Kirishima, Bakugou and I still a ways to go from our target. On top of the distance, we had to take our time through the rubble, making sure not to get ambushed or hurt.

Basically, through the rocky terrain of the collapsed city zone, we went as slow as Bakugou would possibly allow us.

Luckily, Kirishima was great company during our travels since he was the only one wanting to discuss strategic options. Bakuogou just told us to shut up constantly.

Sure, it was really fucking rude... But it also served as some much-needed reassurance. I doubted that was his intention, but regardless, they helped. And in time, a vague plan was born.

We wanted to take out the portal villain by the fountain, help those we find, and then escape through the front doors to alert the heroes.

Normally my plans would be a lot more detailed, but since I had to work with the most fucking difficult person on Earth, there needed to be some compromises. Bakugou wanted the leniency of doing whatever the hell he wanted, and I wanted literally any form of organization.

Then there was Kirishima... he couldn't give a rat's ass what the plan was so long as he believed it would work. But the moment he lost faith, his complaining rivalled the annoyingness of Bakugou's and my petty squabbles. And boy, were our arguments trivial. 

It didn't help that we were already on edge from the villain attack and witnessing my little fit. Sometimes there were no reasons for us to get upset, but the second one of us breathed wrong, all hell broke loose.

Especially right now as we approached a wall of debris. 

Out of nowhere, Kirishima stopped and threw his hands into the air.

"Ugh! How can our plan work if we don't even know how to hit our target!"

Bakugou just pushed past him, his social energy almost depleted.

"Just keep throwing attacks until it works..."

*Sigh*

At this point, I couldn't hide my sarcastic nature anymore.

"Amazing... Why didn't I think of that? The answer was in front of us this whole time."

Bakugou then whipped towards me. His eyes narrowed in their typical glare.

"Oi! Shut u-!"

"No, listen to me. You have just stumbled onto the greatest discovery ever. Who can ever top your absolute genius after coming up with a plan like that? I'll tell you. No one!"

As he then launched towards me in a fit of rage, Kirishima ran between us.

"GUYS, STOP THIS!"

Bakugou stopped right in front of Kirishima, still trying to reach out and fight me.

"GET THE HELL OUT OF MY WAY, SHITTY HAIR!"

"BRO! THIS ISN'T GETTING US ANYWHERE! WE NEED TO KEEP MOVING AND PLANNING ON HOW TO FIGHT THAT MISTY DUDE!"

The blonde then grumbled away as I remembered a key detail from earlier.

"Oh, yeah... Back when you two fought him, I think I saw his weak point."

...

Kirishima then whipped around, abandoning his previous protective stance to shake my shoulders violently.

"Wait?! Seriously?! Why did you say anything?!"

I tried to reply, but the force he shook me at made any words incoherent. The only thing that managed to stop him was a rough slap upside the head by a particular pissed-off blonde.