Unlikely Combinations

We were surrounded.

The villains had us where they wanted and didn't hesitate to close in their circle.

With each step they took, I felt my heart thump louder, not knowing what was going to happen.

"They may look like regular thugs, but we still can't let our guards down."

The three of us readied our position, but as a nervousness rose inside me, a wicked laugh broke out from Bakugou.

"I'm going to have fun kicking your asses!"

It seemed so immature at first, but I didn't realize what he was trying to do until Kirishima joined in.

"Yeah, man! We got this!"

Bakugou's childish statement had suddenly swelled a sense of confidence in our teammate, leaving us with an already better chance of winning. But we unfortunately still lacked a plan.

Or at least... They did.

Until a rare day arrives and they form a plan not solely consisting of hitting enemies until their unconscious... I was the brains of this operation.

"Whatever you guys are thinking... don't do it. Just wait for them to come to us and make sure our backs are together the whole time. This way, we can divide the work into thirds. But, when things are getting too tough on your side, yell out switch, and we'll all rotate clockwise."

"Shut up! Don't tell me what to do!" Bakugou snapped.

Then, from the corner of my eye, a thug apparently found our bickering quite entertaining.

"Hey, look at this, you guys! They think they can beat us! Hahaha! You're just kids!"

The villain's mouth then twisted into a malicious sneer before charging at Bakugou.

But before he could do anything, an explosion sent the thug flying into the wall, cracking the surrounding brick. It had only been a moment, but already his unconscious body fell to the ground, prompting the rest of the villains to avenge their fallen teammate.

Luckily, Kirishima and Bakugou followed my plan to the dot... with only a bit more explosions and punching than anticipated.

But, for some reason... the two boys got the majority of the battle. Not many of the thugs bothered going for my zone, leaving my teammates to call out switches more often.

Yet, in the end, regardless of who had more work, nobody gained a single scratch, but the same unfortunately couldn't be said about their stamina. The two boys were in desperate needed a break, but Kirishima seemed to have other priorities as he pumped his fist into the air, cheering for our victory.

"That was so awesome! We looked so freaking amazing!! Give me a high five, bro!"

He held his hand towards Bakugou, only to receive an annoyed glare. When that idea failed, he then shoved his hand towards me until I reluctantly gave in to the pressure.

"Wooo! Right on L/n! We kicked some serious ass!"

"I'm just relieved you guys listened to me..."

Bakugou then huffed his face away.

"Yeah, whatever."

"What the hell is his problem now?"

Kirishima, also noticing his irritable mood, lead him to try and console the grump.

In retrospect, placing a hand on his shoulder or any physical contact was not the best idea.

Sure, it's the thought that counts... but the moment Kirishima's hand made the landing, Bakugou's head snapped immediately towards him, a foreshadowing moment the redhead didn't pick up on.