A Totally Canon Birthday Party

The following morning came and went. Lunches, over time, became less awkward as the group grew closer, and after school became a period of either strenuous training with Katsuki or tiresome teaching with Shinsou.

With each passing day, the two boys became more and more determined to improve, leaving me constantly sore and exhausted. And after several days of non-stop training, working, and studying, it was finally the weekend.

All I wanted was a nice cleaning shift and some quiet time at home to work, but early that morning, the cafe called, saying they didn't need me for the day. Meaning I was officially free for the day I didn't want to have.

No information got provided for me, so I had no clue what was happening, who was coming, or even when. Secretly, I hoped everyone forgot, but deep down, I knew it would come whether I wanted it or not.

And so, with my last bit of freedom in the day, I decided to watch the morning news with my furry companions, but the moment I sat down, a yelling ruined my peace.

"Y/n! Y/n! Y/n! Y/n!"

The repetitive noise echoed through my house, signalling the beginning of my hell.

"Ugh... Why?..."

I shuffled towards the rumbling door, and as soon as I opened it, Ochako flung herself inside.

"I have the perfect outfits for you!!"

As she kicked her shoes off, both Pancakes and Flapjack dove underneath the sofas. Peaking out their heads, they then cautiously watched Ochako toss her many bags into the living room.

*Sigh*

"Good morning to you too..."

While the bubbly girl continued making a mess of my house, multiple questions flooded my mind. But before I could ask them, I hastily shut my front door to make sure the neighbourhood didn't hear her excitement. Unfortunately for me, that same noise grew even more irritating as I pinched my nose in annoyance.

"Okay, three things... Why are you in my house? Why are there clothes everywhere? And how the hell do you know where I live?"

Ochako playfully rolled her eyes as if the answers had been clear.

"Today is your birthday party, and you need something special to wear! I hunted down some great sales and found a few outfits for you to try on!"

She then shoved multiple dresses into my arms and pushed me into my bedroom.

"But that doesn't answer question three!"

Ochako procceded to laugh it off while dramatically shutting the door behind me.

"JUST TRY IT ON!"

...

*Groan*

"I just wanted to watch the news..."

...

A few minutes and bad outfits later, I finally came out of my room with the last choice of clothes on. Even though I didn't want something special to wear, this was the best out of the evils that Ochako provided.

Other outfits had me looking like a marigold, a tube of lipstick, or a fucking abstract painting. At least this one was plain and simple, with just a black off-the-shoulder short sleeve shirt and a dark f/c plaid skirt around my waist.

It was much more suited to my tastes, and as I stepped back into the living room, Ochako dashed over, agreeing as well.

"Omg! It looks amazing!"