TWENTY SEVEN

"Are you sure you are fine Thea?" My mother who shuffled through her sling asked me for the fourth time

" Yes Mom, It's probably the flu shot that Felix gave me. And I am not going pale, I just don't do sun"

My father who had been rummaging through the bed side cabinet in hunt for the medicine I was prescribed for. He paused mid short and angled with a tired sigh.

"Did you skip the article I send you last week that covered the drastic increase of vitamin deficiency in youth this decade?" My lips in a reflex formed an rueful pout.

"Will you let the girl breath for a second. We have been questioning her since the moment we stepped in" Mom ran a hand through my hair smiling, I would've balled by her lap and asked her about her days in town if we were not lounging on the bed beneath which U resided. It's been less than an hour when he skated in, when I tried to hear any signs of him being restless- I sat there impressed beyond my possibility of how relaxed the rhythm of his heart was. I swear it generally went in frenzy the moment he would see me or touched me. He knew that I knew, he also laughed at how much he wasn't in control and joked around reminding of the times he would tease me when he used to bare the hyper sense.

Has he made home for himself under the bed?

What was he doing?

"How is work Althea?" Mom, who had approached Dad with the concept of maintaining a less questionnaire like atmosphere, asked me a question.

"I got fired" I said mustering up the spirit on my shoulders.

"You wanted this. Didn't you?" Came my Dads gruff regard, when Mom smiled with pride in her eyes I couldn't help but let the tears speak for me. They don't spill, but stayed there as a symbol of my freedom. The freedom I chose. In the midst of this, there wasn't anyone else that could've understood me more than my family and the boy under us. It had been a nightmare for them when I chose to throw my dreams under the truck and settled for a nine to five job. They garnered the belief just like me, that I had lost all the faith and hope to get back on my feet. But to quit visions and to have U fire me for it  had been the most levitating surge of confidence I ever had in me.

"I don't know what my future holds, if I will make it or not" I let my hand rise and fall back on my thighs. I Kept going even when my voice cracked "But I want to do this, I can't give up without even trying Mom. And Dad, thank you for supporting me in whatever the hell I have been doing for so long" I sniffed as my he pulled me into side hug, his arms spanning and chest broad as if to impute his Gratification.  Mom took my hand in hers and kissed my knuckles- and then, just as I began to feel a slight misfit in the moment, a calloused hand encloses by my ankle.

Then it was suddenly complete.

Yes, he does not have to hold my hand in my journey. He could just grab my leg and tell him his hearts fill.